New

Started by owl25, May 06, 2020, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owl25

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I grew up in a dysfunctional home. Father drank, mother tried to cope and shield us. I did not get the warmth and nurturing I needed. Both are no longer living and I am left grieving what wasn't and what should have been. I'm dealing with a lot of memories that feel like they are flooding me at times, like my life is continually flashing before my eyes. From very old, ancient memories to the most recent ones, and a sense of unreal-ness to it all. Part of me is still lost and trapped in the past and I can't rescue me. I can't stop this story from happening, I can't change it, I can't change the ending before it's all too late. I am in the midst of grieving mother whom I lost recently, and it hurts more than I can bear. I still can't believe the pain and terror I experienced from the missing emotional attunement  that is so critical to a child's development. My parents tried, but trauma was passed on to me.

Not Alone

owl25, I hear the pain you are experiencing. Welcome.  :heythere:

woodsgnome

:wave: Hi, Owl 25. Very sad and sorry to hear the pain that got you here, but still glad to see you are here. Why? Being here gives you a chance to vent, but more important to chat with peers who know the depths of falling off the same sort of emotional cliffs you probably had to endure.

Been there/done that is very real here, and from it we can grow and learn together. It's rarely easy, but the sheer pain can be lightened as we share our lights along our dark paths.

Welcome again, thanks for coming here, and sharing your light. You are strong inside; we all are, but it can be hard to get those feelings back, especially alone.

Three Roses

Welcome! May you draw strength from knowing you are no longer alone in your pain.

owl25

Thank you for the warm welcome and support.

Snowdrop

I hear your pain, Owl25. I hope being here brings comfort.

Caoilainn

Hi Owl25, I'm a little late to seeing this, but I wanted to thank you for coming here. And thank you for being brave and sharing.