Deep Blue: Finding hope

Started by Deep Blue, May 12, 2020, 01:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

Hooray! Dodger sounds wonderful! :cheer:

Three Roses

We had a dog who was polydactyl - the pound we adopted him from had named him Six Toes  ;D

Congrats on your new family member! 🐱

Hope67

Hi Deep Blue,
So excited for you, regarding your lovely kitten.  Dodger sounds really wonderful. 
:hug:
Hope  :)

Not Alone

I'm excited for you for your new kitten. They are so cute and fun.

Deep Blue

Here is a picture of our little Dodger. 

Deep Blue

This week I was thinking about my pets and how much joy they bring to my life.  I know some people have support animals, therapy animals, or even service animals... but there is really something to it.

My pets each have such different personalities.  My 13 year old cat is chubby and a full on mama's boy.  He loves to cuddle with me and fall asleep in my lap.

My dog is 10.  He is a loyal sweet boy.  He wouldn't hurt a fly... no really! I saw him actually get scared by one! Ha ha

The new kitten is sweet and playful.  He loves to play with my son and husband.  He likes to cuddle and explore and look at his own reflection.  I'm pretty sure he thinks we have another kitten that looks identical to him because he keeps talking to his reflection!

Night night all 💙

Tee

:hug: your description of your pets made me smile.  We currently only have a cat that likes everyone else in the house before me but she is sweet. When I graduate next spring I plan to get a puppy for me.  To have a a kind of therapy pet.  :grouphug: Have a good night

Blueberry

Deep Blue, I'm smiling at the description of your pets too! I'm so happy for you that you can have moments of joy or comfort with them.  :)  :hug:

I have guinea pigs and although they're not really into being cuddled, I often sit and talk to them  :)

owl25

Pets are so wonderful. A kitten is always such a joy. Your description of your pets made me smile too. Pets really make a difference!

Three Roses

Animal companions bring us such joy!  :hug:

Kizzie

Very allergic to cats but love them and dogs too. 

Snowdrop

owl25

Hope67

I've just seen Dodger now, and he is gorgeous.
Hope  :)

Deep Blue

Hello all,
Had a bit of a hiccup and dissociated again but only for a day.  Good news is that I knew the signs and became aware of it myself this time.  (Progress)

My T fit me in on Friday and by the end of the day I was back to normal.  I went for a walk with a friend and the residual kinda dissipated. 

I am a bit annoyed that no matter how many things I check off my to do list, more things keep coming up!!!

Lawn guy blew us off and didn't give us an estimate for some landscaping stuff.  I told husband to ask his landscaping friend... of course he didn't.

It's summer and we have an exhaust type fan in the attic.  Well now it's not working.  I told my husband about it last week and he said I was wrong.  Well he changed his tune today.  House gets hot at night and I hate sweating in my sleep.

I've also told my husband about 30 times that we need the pest people to come and put more bait in the traps outside.  We have a rodent problem at our house.  It's mostly voles, but my husband changed our pest people and now I don't have the info.

It's so frustrating cuz he drags his feet to do anything. I'm the one that doesn't work over the summer.  I hate random road blocks because he isn't helping me out. 

Ugh... sometimes the fact that he is so type B and I'm so type A is a good thing.  He levels me out.  In situations like this, it ads to my stress. 

Deep breath and going to try to have a nice nights sleep tonight and wake up with more patience tomorrow.

💙