Free online conference Overcoming PTSD

Started by Snowdrop, May 20, 2020, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

Avaiya University are running a free online Overcoming PTSD conference, starting 1st June. There are sessions on CPTSD, also IFS.

You can find out more and sign up here: https://www.avaiya.com/ptsd/

Hope67

Hi Snowdrop,
Thanks for sharing this, I've signed up. 
Hope  :)

Blueberry

One of today's sessions is on the three types of trauma that lead to ptsd (actually cptsd), by Bobbi Parish. I'd like to recommend it because her categories are different, so gave me a different way to think about traumatisation.

Her categories are fear-based trauma, betrayal trauma and moral injury.

She talks about what kinds of therapy are especially good for which type of trauma, as well as how to try and prevent (c)ptsd developing. There are long-term prevention methods (the way you're brought up, as most of us unfortunately weren't) but also short-term helping to prevent a one-time traumatic incident turning into ptsd, or at least helping it not turn into what she refers to as "stacks" of trauma - some form of cptsd probably.

I took notes again and may write more on here tomorrow, but for the moment just saying - it's worth a watch.

Three Roses

Blueberry

For anybody who signed up, they've sort of extended the conference. No new events, but for about the next 23 hours you can watch all of the previous interviews, so if there are any you missed or want to rewatch, this is your chance. I might check out 1 or 2 myself.