Hi :)

Started by bikesandplants, May 21, 2020, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikesandplants

Hi humans :)

I realized I had C-PTSD about a year ago as I was working through some issues with my partner in my first serious relationship. They shared about their own childhood trauma and that is how I learned about C-PTSD. My trauma comes from my childhood and is the result of the lack of presence, empathy and care I was given growing up by my primary care giver and the threat of abandonment that was used as a discipline method when I was a young teenager. 

I was in therapy for years with a trauma-informed therapist who specializes in somatics. I feel very grateful for that experience. It has really helped with managing my anxiety and identifying and feeling my feelings. At that time, I was dysregulated most of the time because I kept retraumatizing myself through the decisions I was taking (guided by my trauma) and the issues that were showing up in my relationships.

I've done a lot of healing since, with the help of different tools (therapy, tarot, meditation, online support, personal projects, etc.) and through my relationships (mostly with my romantic partner), and have gained a lot of self-awareness and can better self-regulate. I am sooo different than just a year ago.

Where I am at in my process is building community for myself. I finally feel like I can show up as my whole self with people, honour my boundaries and be accountable for my actions. I've lost people through my transformation and often feel alone as I am seeking more nourishing connections. That is mostly what brings me here; I'm curious about other people's recovery journey and how they have built community for themselves and to maybe find a bit of that here. :)

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, bikesandplants! Glad you found us.
:heythere:

owl25

Welcome bikesandplants, nice to have you with us  :)

Not Alone

marta1234

Welcome, bikesandplants. Hope you find your community here, and glad you joined :)
:heythere: