Hard Time Coming to Terms with Mental Health

Started by buddy9832, May 31, 2020, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy9832

I'm really curious, does anybody else have a hard time coming to terms with their mental health?

Each step of the way since I've been working on myself I've always had a denial faze for a symptom or comorbidity. In most cases when I look back on my life it is readily obvious.

Even after having a mental break down, the catalyst which pushed me into therapy to begin with ,it took me a long time to come to terms that I have depression and anxiety. The same applies to low self esteem, CEN and PTSD.

Please let me know your thoughts.

OceanStar

YES, YES and YES.

Denial even when it's glaringly obvious is a 'friend' of mine too.

And when you realise you then have to deal with it... :aaauuugh:

buddy9832

Hi OceanStar,

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks for responding.

Snookiebookie2

Yes, me too....

Not only is it hard having MH issues but there's added layers of denial/acceptance. And shame too. And stigma. And finally blame....

I find it a constant struggle to remember to allow myself to accept that a lot of my problems/issues are due to my C-PTSD. This seems like a cop out, or an excuse (I think this is my Inner Critic being  crafty and passing the blame on to me).

Then the shame and sigma at being like this.

buddy9832

Snookiebookie that's great to hear as well. I definitely feel like a cop out at times too. That I'm making things up or trying to get attention (even though I don't want nor there is anybody to get attention from).