Never done this and I’m terrified

Started by ash2Phoenix, June 04, 2020, 06:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ash2Phoenix

I don't know how much detail I can share right now but want to try a little at a time. I think I grew up with CPTSD but have been misdiagnosed with everything else, which I'm sure many here understand.
I only get flashes and very fragmented night terrors and nightmares of my young childhood years, then nothing, I've completely blocked out 5 or so years as it then picks back up to flashes and terrors and nightmares of my late teenage years.
I have a complex Traumatic Brain Injury that I was prevented from get treated properly due to trying to escape my captures... I think, but I'm not sure about that honestly. I have short and long term memory challenges that I call my sparkle moments.
Okay, I think that's more than I thought I could share. The big challenge will be can I keep this post up without editing it...

Please no emoji hugs thank you

marta1234

I wanted to say I read what you shared, and thank you for joining. I understand that it is frightening writing here at first, I hear you. You are not alone.

owl25

Hello ash2Phoenix, welcome to OOTS, I am glad you found your way here. I haven't been here long, but found this is a very supportive and understanding community that gets it. It's been a breath of fresh air to be in a place where people just get it. I hope you feel safe and at home here soon.

Three Roses

I like the term "sparkle moments". It accurately describes things for me, too. Glad you found us, thanks for joining!

(I'm a huge emoji person, I use it to represent the body language, tone, and facial expressions missing from online communication. I apologize in advance if I forget and use emojis when replying to you - and I'm okay with being reminded!)

Not Alone

Welcome to the forum. I have found those on this site to be very helpful and supportive.

Jazzy

Hi ash2phoenix, and welcome. I like your name! It presents a very powerful image.

I understand being terrified, I'm sure we all do. It is good that you were able to complete your post, and looks unedited still. Great job, that in itself is a big accomplishment. If it is better for you, feel free to just read for a while. Only post whatever you can handle. Good job again on sharing, and even more than you expected.

Its a long journey to recovery, and it sounds like you're making an excellent start. I hope to see you around as you're able.

All the best! :)

Snowdrop