Let's call perfectionism what it really is

Started by Snookiebookie2, June 06, 2020, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snookiebookie2

I've not posted a link before, I hope it works.

https://youtu.be/NlLyeozPmOs

This is amazing and quite liberating. I think that most of the symptoms I experience are rooted in fear.  It was my abusers who instilled that fear in me. I should feel no shame for feeling the feelings that I feel.

I hope by shining a light into to dark places within me will drive out the negative energy and feelings.

Hope67

Hi Snookiebookie,
Thanks for sharing this - I watched it, and it really resonated as a good way to describe perfectionism.  I related to it a lot, and part of me responded in an emotional way - it's thought provoking for me.

I am also trying to 'feel my feelings' and get in touch with them. 

Your link worked perfectly by the way. 

Hope  :)

Hope67

oops, I just wrote 'your link worked perfectly' - even talking about perfectionism brings out terms like that - interesting...! 

Three Roses

Wow, that's really good stuff! Thanks for sharing this, I'm putting that one in my library.  :applause:

alliematt

Quote from: Hope67 on June 06, 2020, 11:49:08 AM
oops, I just wrote 'your link worked perfectly' - even talking about perfectionism brings out terms like that - interesting...!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kizzie

Short but sweet and healing message :thumbup:

Perfectionism is the lie that says there's a rent you have to pay to be on this earth... But it's not true. You don't have to be perfect to be here - or even good. You're allowed to just be.

sigiriuk

Thank you for posting this...it is so powerful