Birthday’s are triggers and flashbacks for presents

Started by Tee, June 06, 2020, 04:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

I've been gone for a bit trying to hold on to the knot at the end of my rope.  Well a few things have happened one I finally got a new position at the hospital I now work in the ER just in time for the pandemic. Love the job hate the timing. Glad to be working though. Made it through another semester with A's in all my classes not exactly sure how that happened amongst my many break downs and deep depression, but glad to be done for the summer. The kids are growing and done with school too. Though it has been trying, to try to home school them through the covid stuff as well as be a front line worker at the children's hospital.

So my birthday was the 28th I just turned 40. Birthdays are so hard for me because there are so many bad memories tied to them that trigger me into really bad loops for days or even weeks. I am still struggling so much that I needed to reconnect with some friends here to just remember that I'm not as alone as I have felt being isolated from friends I normally see face to face but can't because of their fear of covid. :'(

marta1234

I want to send a gentle hug, if it's ok.  :hug: I am so sorry you have to go through this during your birthday. Birthdays are tough for me too, so you are not alone in this.

Three Roses

You're not alone, and we didn't stop caring about you in your absence from the forum.  :hug:

Tee

Thanks 3R I know that everyone's still here it's just been a rough time :hug:

Thank you Marta and Gromit

Not Alone

Congratulations on your job. That has been a tough journey for you. The timing is crazy.

Glad you are reconnecting. I hear that birthdays are triggering. I'm sorry that what should be a special day for you brings pain. You should be celebrated and honored, every day, but especially on your birthday.