Tee’s 2nd try journal* trigger warning *

Started by Tee, June 06, 2020, 05:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

So never thought I would go running to a lawyer. But I also never really thought I would tell so discriminated and scrutinized that I would have to. :aaauuugh: :spooked: :disappear: Talking with an advocacy lawyer tomorrow to see what he says about whether or not he thinks I should pursue lehar action against my school and teachers for not giving me accommodations and trying to kick me out of my program five weeks before graduation. :Idunno: I feel so defeated and sick I don't really know what to do. :stars:

Hope67

Hi Tee,
I would like to wish you the best for your meeting with the lawyer tomorrow.  I really hope that they can advocate for you and support you.  Please know that I'm behind you, and hoping that you get a supportive outcome.   :grouphug:
Hope  :)

Not Alone

Let us know how it goes Tee. This is heartbreaking. You have worked so incredibly hard while dealing with huge burdens.  :grouphug:

Armadillo

Oh wow!!!!! That is so huge! Getting a lawyer! I'm so proud of you! That says you care about Tee and what is right and sticking up for yourself! That is just amazing. And yes, do let us know how it goes.

sanmagic7

hey, tee,

sorry it's been so long.  and, also very sorry to hear what's happening to you!  how awful!  i have a few choice words for those people who are doing this to you, but i can't use them here on the forum.  just so you know, my heart is with you.  hang tough, sweetie.  we've got you.  love and hugs    :bighug:

Tee

:stars: so I am not sure what to do at this point.  Part of me does want to go with the lawyer and sue the school because they should have accommodated me to begin with.   :Idunno: :disappear:
Then again I did screw up and leave a dissociative part off me at my clinical to lie and cause problems. :doh:. which is what got me kicked out :disappear:
So finally had my meeting with them they gave me the same way back into another clinical as the other girl, which is a paper about what would happen if this would have happened as a practitioner, and then a 8 week independent study of ethics with the teacher that discriminated against me :spooked: then she'll give me another clinical site. And I'll graduate in December. ???  So I'm not sure what to do. :Idunno:

Armadillo

This whole thing just sounds really frustrating and overwhelming in terms of knowing what to do. It's probably not a bad idea to talk with a lawyer for advice since it may happen again and you may want to know your rights and have some legal support? I know I would probably take the easy path and not stand up for myself though so obviously no judgement if you choose to not get a lawyer. Sometimes we just can't take on one.more.thing.

It makes me sad to hear you blame yourself though for leaving a dissociated part behind. Be kind to yourselves. ((((Hugs))))

Hope67

Hi Tee,
Firstly, sending you hugs of support, comfort and care from me to all of your parts  :hug:

I found the option offered to you by your teachers (i.e. the 'paper about what would have happened as a practitioner') to be very interesting, because maybe it would be an opportunity to write some of the things that you've found out about feeling discriminated against - i.e. maybe it could be a platform to communicate some of your concerns about how parts of you ended up feeling.  Acknowledging people's vulnerabilties/issues/concerns is important too.  Surely practitioners should be able to do that, and they as organisers of an educational establishment should be able to listen and take things on board.

Sometimes when I want to decide between two options, I write the pros and cons of each and add up the scores to find out how I feel about something. 

Whatever you decide to do, please know that I support your decision - it's your life, and you are important within it.   :grouphug:

I wonder if there's another person within your educational system that you could approach to maybe talk through the options.  Do they have any form of counsellor or is there a teacher you feel is more impartial and supportive of you, to just discuss options? 

I hope you don't mind my saying all these things.

Whatever you do, I hope you are ok.

sanmagic7

i think there are some good suggestions here, tee.  i, too, will support whichever choice you make.  maybe one, maybe more.  i do think getting as much info from different sources can be helpful.  i hope you can take care of yourself during all this.  sending love and a hug filled with clarity. :hug:

Not Alone

Tee, that is a lot to consider. Whatever you decide, you have my support.

Tee

Thank you all for the love and support. As of now there is a lawyer looking into my case though I'm not sure how far I want to take it at this point I really do just want to graduate. I wrote the paper the way they wanted it without waves very triggering but it's done and turned in so there's that. I did advocate for myself to a professor I thought was more on my side and cared, by asking about doing the next step the 8 week course during the summer and to see if a different professor could supervise me as currently I'm unsure of my next steps forward with the discrimination case towards the one professor who the said would be the supervisor as I don't feel she has my best interest at heart. I only sent it to her and made it so she couldn't copy or share it.  So now I have another meeting. :spooked: :disappear: :Idunno:  :fallingbricks: I'm not sure why. I did say I was currently talking with a lawyer and had the formal complaint paper work for the school but wasn't sure of my next steps in that regard. That I really just want to graduate not cause problems for her.😖😔 So now I'm just done I don't know what to do I want trying to scare them or anything I was just trying to be honest. Why is honesty such a bad thing?

Armadillo

You don't have to take the lawyer thing any further than you want to. For now, maybe just let the lawyer know you want to understand what your rights are in these types of situations as it is possible they could arise again?

Ugh I'm sorry. Your poor littles. How are all the parts of you feeling right now about all this?

Hope67

Hi Tee,
I think you did well to submit that paper, especially with all the stress that has been going on around the situation - and really good that you advocated for yourself in the way you did - I'm wondering if maybe the 'other meeting' is maybe because (hopefully) they have listened to you, and might be going to explain something further and might want to do it face to face because of the sensitivities of issues. 

Are you able to have someone attend the meeting alongside you, who could advocate for you?  Or maybe ask that different professor if he/she could attend it?

Honestly Tee, I admire you sharing things in an honest way, that is surely a good thing? 

Sending you much care and supportive hugs  :hug:

I agree with what Armadillo said - you have the option to proceed with the lawyer thing, but again, maybe the meeting will show some more avenues to consider. 

Maybe taking a pad of paper to write some notes down, and seeking time to reflect and decide on anything - those would be helpful? 

I know you're not asking for advice, and I'm not trying to give you any, but I wanted to say those things, as I thought of them, as I really hope you're able to see through your desire to graduate - you've worked so hard and deserve the credit of having done that.  Really hope the outcome works out ok.

:grouphug: for all your parts, to those that want to have a hug.

Tee

Right now I feel dead inside. I'm not taking very good care of myself. It's hard to eat, sleep, or get out of bed most days.  My little are scared and upset. One keeps self harming 😥 depression is hard to deal with on top of everything else. I appreciate the love and support here. Last night was the first time back with my classmates had a group presentation. Got a 100% on that, but it was stressful seeing everyone and having no one talk to me.😔

Hope67

Hi Tee,
If I had been there last night, I would have talked to you.  That must have been hard to experience that.  I want to say Congratulations on getting 100% in your group presentation, that is really good. 

I know you're struggling at the moment, and your little is scared and upset, and I wish there was something to help your little to feel safer. 

I think depression is hard to deal with on top of everything else. 

Sending you hugs of support, and caring - if they are ok for you right now  :hug: