Leaving

Started by Sceal, May 25, 2020, 10:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

Hello everyone.

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think it is time. I'm leaving the forum.
I'm not sure if it's forever, or if I will come back one day (soon, or in a year? I don't know).  But I've noticed I'm not able to sit down and write down anything coherent for myself anymore, and I'm just not capable of being there for any of yous. And it really hurts that I can't offer the same amount of support, wisdom and help that you've all offered me.

I am truly happy that I came across this forum when I did. I've received so much help and support from you. I've learned so much by so many of you! Both on how to handle things, how to change perspective and about research and theories. About relationships with other people  (not romantic).

I wish nothing but the best for you all. And I wish, in a way, that I could stay in-contact with those of you whom I've gotten to know a little better. And I hope that your journeys will take a turn for the better, that the hardships - this kind of hardship. The trauma bit, will bit by bit be released and that you can all put it behind you. I hope to same for me.

I'm in a better place than I have been for years. So I don't want you to worry. I have sorted out some of the immediate problems that was causing havoc on my mind and emotional state. Preventing me from actually making progress and doing real work to get past cptsd. I still have a long way to go. I am not free from my burdens, and it's unlikely I will be free from them anytime soon. But I have things in my life now that helps me being able to focus on better things as well. I've no idea what the future brings. It is scary, messy, chaotic.. and I feel I have no control.  But it is a lot better than what it was.

so thank you.

And I wish you nothing for the best.

P.S I will check in again in a few days or in a week, in-case someone leaves me a message they would have liked me to read.

:hug: to everyone who would like one.

Blueberry

Goodbye, Sceal and all the best! Thank you for all the support you have given me since we both joined the forum (about the same time if I'm not mistaken). Know that you can always come back here and that being able to give to others is not a prerequisite for being a mbr. Also that you give to others by simply writing and being here!

However it sounds as if you've turned some sort of corner in your healing and taking a longish break that may or may not be forever - well I believe everybody knows deep down what's right for them when and I respect your decision to make this break now.

On being in a better place than you have been for years  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  :yahoo: 
:hug: :hug: :grouphug:

Not Alone

Sceal,

I feel sad that you are leaving the forum, but respect your decision. I'm so grateful for the many times that you gave me compassionate support. I wish you continued growth and peace.  :hug:

NotAlone and my Littles

Hope67

Dear Sceal,
I am also sad that you're leaving, but I want to wish you the very best for everything you do in the future, and I also want to thank you for your compassion, understanding and support, which you've extended to me many times in the past, and which I've appreciated very much.   :hug: to you, Sceal, and I shall miss you, but hope that you will be doing ok - and of course, might see you again in the future, if you return. 
Wishing  you nothing but the best.
:hug:
Hope  :)

Snowdrop

I will miss you, Sceal. I want to say a big thank you for support you have given me. I'm glad you're in a better place, and I wish you all the best. Take care. :hug:

woodsgnome

Sceal, you said: "I'm in a better place than I have been for years."

Thanks for sharing some of those ups and downs. Even the hard parts were welcome, as learning from each other is why we're here. As for the progress ... yes! Sometimes that's the hardest climb of all, and it has been so refreshing to see you make those strides.

Here's best wishes for all those steps to come; and thanks for stopping by here along the trail out of the storm.

:grouphug:

Bach

Best wishes, Sceal! It's encouraging to hear that you are in such a good place.  May it stay good, and get better  :grouphug:

Kizzie

I'll miss you Sceal but I'm glad to hear you're in a better place.  We're here if/when you want to come back  :grouphug:   Until then I wish you all the best  :hug:

sanmagic7

dear sweet sceal,

sorry to see you go, but only for selfish reasons.  you've been so supportive of me thru the years, and i have always appreciated you, your determination, and hard work, and sharing your life with us.

along with everyone else, nothing but best wishes for you.  i'm glad you were able to recognize that it's time for you to leave, no matter how long that may be for.  we'll be here with open arms if you ever decide to return.  i always knew you were thinking of me - loved the connection we have - and i hope you know i've always been thinking of you, even when i haven't been in a place to actually say so.

keep taking care of you.  sending much love and a hug filled with all good things for you and your life. :bighug:

Deep Blue

Sweet Sceal,
I want you to know that I have nothing but love for you.  I will miss you very much but I am proud of you for doing what you need to do for your own healing journey.

Remember friend, we will still be here if and when you feel like you want to come back. 

I will cherish our cabin and be there with you in spirit  :hug: :hug: 💙

Tee

Sceal
I'm A little sad that I was gone for so long, and now you are leaving. You were always one of the people on here I looked up to and admired in their walk or journey through cptsd.
When I first found this forum there were a handful of people I found that I commented with and you were one of them.  You and the othershave given me the strength to make it through some of my darkest days and in my journey and I just want to say thank you.  I like you wish there was a way to stay connected with a few out side of the forum. To say thank you for the support you have shown me doesn't seem like enough.

I will miss you Sceal :hug: :hug: :hug: take care of yourself. I'll be here if you need a friend. We are for you! The way you have always been here for us. With the biggest tearful hug full of love and care  :hug:good bye my sweet sceal.