Info/Resources

• 4 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Info/Resources
« on: June 19, 2020, 05:46:16 PM »
Just starting this thread with an excellent article I came across on Twitter today. I always find my BP rises when I read well-meaning (or perhaps not?) truisms thrown out about how our suffering made us the people we are today, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, things only someone who hasn't gone through what we have would say.

Just Stop The Universe did not Cause My Abuse For My Greater Good by survivor Mike McBride at Child Abuse Survivor

Spot on  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:40:00 AM by Kizzie »

notalone

• View Profile
Re: Info/Resources
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »
And this is where the image comes into play, because I will never accept that my abuse was anything other than some other person making the decision to abuse me. It was not about some greater purpose in my life, it was not karma, it was not a nudge from the universe, it was a criminal act conducted by another human being. End of story.

Appreciate M. McBride putting words to what I have thought and felt.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »
 :thumbup:      :grouphug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 09:36:33 AM »
Survivors News and Reviews - A news and media review site for the Child Abuse Survivor community founded and managed by survivor Mike McBride.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 09:39:07 AM »
Childhood trauma is a public health threat. Our kids deserve better - In this video Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, Surgeon General of California, pediatrician & child advocate explains the science of toxic stress, why childhood trauma has lasting physical & psychological affects, & how science can be used to interrupt & heal those affected.