Starting to heal

Started by sigiriuk, June 21, 2020, 04:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Abuse in childhood, apart from shattering me, also makes all those memories disconnected, so there's no narrative.
But healing is like "Join the dots" children's puzzles, for me. The finished picture gives me closure on one chapter.
Hope this helps someone.

Three Roses

woodsgnome

I love your observation, Slim, about the process of healing through a 'connect the dots' sort of lens. This also applies to the IFT approach, from what's been shared about it here.

Sometimes with my own healing process (or current dead end), I feel overwhelmed considering the extent and cumulative effects it's had on all aspects of my life. It's all so much to take in, live with, self-care about, etc.

Thanks for your fresh perspective, Slim  :hug: -- I'll get those separate puzzle pieces out -- perhaps there's even connecting  and go from there. Even thinking about this in 'game mode' seems to lighten the enormity of the task.

Kizzie

It sounds like integration and becoming whole Slim  :hug:

OceanStar

Yes Slim, I get it.

Dot-to-dots.

Having that final revelation that makes a picture, something that makes sense. You know it, you see it. A beginning a middle and an end. It doesn't matter how big or small the picture is but something complete. It's HUGE.

:cheer:

Jenny Blount

It helped me!
That's exactly my experience. It's like having a random set of stills from a movie but no plot and no moving images. You know they're all connected but until you have a narrative you've no way of linking the images. I've rehearsed so many versions of a similar story but I'm confident I've now got down to the root cause of my phobia. All the stills from the movie now link up and tell a story that makes sense - until it made sense I had no idea why reacted so strongly to my trigger.