Chronic Nightmares + Insomnia = No Peace

Started by Fern, July 04, 2020, 11:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fern

I've struggled with having nightmares every since I could remember when I was a little girl. However they started getting extremely bad after I graduated high school. I wake up crying badly, panicky at times heart racing and even so scared to move or even breath. All due to my past with people. I do dream of scary stuff, monster related yes that can make it just as bad for me. Though re living past events or similar ones all the time in some way is painful. So painful I wish I didn't have to sleep at all though being human we have too. I don't enjoy sleeping anymore and have a weird sleeping schedule as well. Working with my therapist I know we can come up with ways so I can enjoy and find sleep peaceful again. Or at least have that as a peaceful place since in person there's no peace at all for me. You'd think if someone had no peace when awake they'd have in sleep at least. For me that's not possible and I'm not sure how I do it really. How I stay so strong,  positive,  optimistic as I can more now.  I know I can and WILL overcome this it just still might take a little time still for me. If I came this far I know it can be fixed for good and finally be able to enjoy and have peaceful happy dreams.

Three Roses

QuoteIf I came this far I know it can be fixed for good and finally be able to enjoy and have peaceful happy dreams.

I believe that!  :cheer: