Hello, This used to be Fern I've returned

Started by Wolvenessence, July 26, 2020, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolvenessence

Hello again everyone,

I joined here not too long ago and then left due to being extremely scared about this place feeling I wouldn't fit in and wouldn't have people truly understand me. To know more about me read my old welcome post if you like called : " Hello, I'm extremely nervous being here trying to interact with people again~ " It will tell you more about me / story and why I joined here. I deeply apologize for just leaving and not even trying this place out. However being online is hard for me and I still get moments where it's extremely hard. Also hard to be comfortable around older people more than my age due to things happened to me with older people. No offense to anyone at all it's just.. I don't relate and if it's a Male then I really can't  due to what happened to me. I feel bad about not wanting to talk to older people, so I apologize I mean no disrespect at all. My comfort zone is anyone 21 and up but more 25 ( mature wise ) till my age then from that it will go up with talking to people.

I hope I'm still welcomed here to try  and be a part of this forum and if I ever need to go I will say than just disappearing with no word. All my posts I've made I still would like to see if anyone replies to them if not no worries. I plan to make more thank you for all who did welcome me here, I appreciate it a lot.

marta1234

Hello Wolvenessence. Welcome (again) :heythere:
Don't worry for not posting or not being comfortable, it's ok, take your time if you ever want to post. You're not alone in this, it took me so long before I actually believed in this forum. I remember that for me, I created an account but didn't come back to this forum for at least 4 months, as I couldn't believe this to be true, and I was scared that I wouldn't find my place or questioning whether this was a safe place. It then took me some time to feel comfortable, but my inner critic still speaks loudly to this day and sometimes it does feel scary posting here. But then I listen to the part that's scared and comfort her, and it usually is ok.
I also relate to feeling on edge with older people. I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone (even if it is unfortunate that you have it too). I have extreme anxiety with adults, especially when they have authority, so I don't open up to any of them. On this forum, I take my time and if i feel too scared to respond or reply to someone's journal because they are older then I listen to that part and comfort it, and come back when I feel safe and when I want to.

I hope I wasn't rambling too much, just wanted to show you that you're not alone and whatever you choose is ok.

Wolvenessence

Quote from: marta1234 on July 26, 2020, 06:32:30 PM
Hello Wolvenessence. Welcome (again) :heythere:
Don't worry for not posting or not being comfortable, it's ok, take your time if you ever want to post. You're not alone in this, it took me so long before I actually believed in this forum. I remember that for me, I created an account but didn't come back to this forum for at least 4 months, as I couldn't believe this to be true, and I was scared that I wouldn't find my place or questioning whether this was a safe place. It then took me some time to feel comfortable, but my inner critic still speaks loudly to this day and sometimes it does feel scary posting here. But then I listen to the part that's scared and comfort her, and it usually is ok.
I also relate to feeling on edge with older people. I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone (even if it is unfortunate that you have it too). I have extreme anxiety with adults, especially when they have authority, so I don't open up to any of them. On this forum, I take my time and if i feel too scared to respond or reply to someone's journal because they are older then I listen to that part and comfort it, and come back when I feel safe and when I want to.

I hope I wasn't rambling too much, just wanted to show you that you're not alone and whatever you choose is ok.

Wow I never heard such a response before thank you, I appreciate all what you said to me. As well welcoming me back. I'm  not sure what else to say..

Three Roses

I also have a problem with authority and actually freaked out so badly at one point that I deleted my first account. Welcome back, good to see you again.  :wave:

BJeanGrey

Hello Wolvenessence. I'm new here, just joined a few days ago. But, I can definitely relate to you regarding distrust of authority figures. Whenever I interact with anyone in any position of authority over me, my hypervigilance goes into next level overdrive....landlords, cops, professors (I'm in grad school), bosses, my therapist, doctors, anyone at all whose an authority figure. Is that similar to your experiences? We could chat about it sometime if you'd like. In the meantime, it's great to meet you and I wish you peace and comfort.