Further Adventures of Elpha

• 187 Replies

Elphanigh

• View Profile
Re: Further Adventures of Elpha
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2021, 03:51:08 PM »
Job update: for those of you that want to know, the interview went well. I have one more person on staff to talk to and if they like me likely I will be offered the position. It is a lot to digest and decide so I am glad I have some time to do so.

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2021, 02:57:32 PM »
Figured I would come here again. I have almost written here several times and just not found the words I wanted to find. I will probably still not find them but words at all is a good thing. I have realized even if I am offered the job on the coast I will likely tell them no. I miss being where I lived two years ago because that place is home and I think it is okay to want that for now. It is scary to know that a place feels like home and that I am so attached to it but I cannot deny that truth just because I am scared of it. I am starting to focus my job search there for now because it feels like the right move for me right now. I just needed to find that out through feeling it in a big way.

I also still feel like I have a lot of grief to work through. I got a lot of it out on Wed/Thurs but I know there is a deep well of grief in my life and it will take some time to work through it. I know I grieve the things attached to that anniversary but I also grieve many things in my life. Grief is cumulative and I have a lifetime full of it sitting there. I know I won't grieve it all at once but for now, I feel like that is where I am in my healing.

None of this feels particularly sufficient to express the feelings I have but it is the best way I can put them for now. Almost everything is still very much in my body and there are less words for those types of feelings.

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2021, 10:56:10 PM »
There is plenty I could talk about but I do not have the time tonight to be honest. I did want to celebrate that I have an unofficial job offer and should have the official paperwork within the next two weeks (their HR department has a week off next week or it would be quicker). I am glad to have the time to think about it but I may have found my job for next year which is great.

Anyways I will come and write more about other things just wanted to put this here since all of you have been such huge supporters.  :grouphug:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2021, 11:48:53 PM »
 :applause:   :cheer:

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2021, 06:31:33 PM »
Thank you, notalone!

I did verbally accept the offer today and will sign the paperwork next week. I have a start date and everything  :cheer:

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »
That's great news! Congratulations! :cheer:

Alter-eg0

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2021, 07:07:17 PM »
Woop woop!

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life