The journey onward

Started by confident, March 03, 2015, 06:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confident

Hi everyone -

My absence in the forum the past couple months can be easily accounted for. I returned to counseling and, as I started to suspect this past fall, my diagnosis is a little different than I first thought.  I am in the process of confirming with my counselor that dissociative identity disorder is the primary issue that needs to be addressed. 

It's been a very tumultuous 2015 for me. I'm trying to accept this reality, but... it's distressing.

I won't go into the depth of my symptoms and struggles, as they don't pertain to C-PTSD as much, though I welcome encouragement and prayers as I begin a very long journey toward healing. Depression and anxiety have dragged me down a pit and I'm losing motivation to do things I love, as well as things I need to do.

I'm in tears grateful for the support that online communities - this one in particular - have had in getting me closer to the root of my pain.

Love to all of you. 

confident

Kizzie

Thanks for updating us Confident and all the best to you as you begin your new journey to recovery  :hug:  You are most welcome to come back and let us know how you're doing  :yes:

Trees

Dear Confident, all the best to you in your continuing journey.  You deserve the best.   DID isn't all that much different than some of us here.  I hope you will come back and let us know how you are doing.   :hug:

schrödinger's cat

All the best to you, Confident. I hope things will get better for you soon. And yes, drop in some time and keep in touch, that would be good.  :hug: