What's in a Name Part 2

Started by Kizzie, January 31, 2021, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meetingmyself

Thanks blueberry! Happy to have found this site and to be able to connect with you all!

StayInTheLight

I chose StayInTheLight because my critic voice is like a black hole that follows me around, always inviting me to step inside and disappear into the abyss of despair. I've noticed that if I make even a small move in the opposite direction (i.e. towards the light), however small and even if I don't feel like it, the voice gets quieter and I forget the black hole is even there. I want to stay in the light as much as I can!

Kizzie

Both beautiful names MeetingMyself and StayInTheLight!  :thumbup: They really reflect your story and goals in just a few words which is not easy to do. 

Little2Nothing

I decided to use the name Little2Nothing because my mother always told me I would be "little to nothing." Now I'm using that name to remind myself that although I have been hamstrung in may ways by my trauma I also have a lot to be grateful for. My wife, kids and grandkids all prove her prediction wrong.

I have been in therapy on and off for 10 years. I struggle with my worth and value. I have shed many tears over the pain that I carry - yet I am still here. 

So why did I decide on that name? To remind myself that no matter my abuse, struggles and fears I have not passed that on to my kids. I determined as a young man that my wife and children would never endure anything close to what I survived. So mom I am sorry to disappoint, but I did amount to something more than my trauma!

Bermuda

Little2Nothing, I love that! Sometimes proving people wrong is my driving force too.

Heartly

"Heartly" is the name of the most wonderful cat I ever had (and will EVER have).  We shared 14 years together until he passed in 2022 from cancer.  He was so loving and curious about life.  He was a white and gray cat, and when he slept, his grey markings went into the shape of a heart. So it's my way of bringing him along on my journey.

vitamind3000

I saw the bottle of vitamin D3 capsules in my room and it felt right. I like the idea of vitamin D being the sunlight supplement (and it'll remind me to have my daily vitamins).

Glowworm

It is marvellous to me that some organisms illuminate the darkness with the light that they make in their own bodies. It is a hopeful reminder that I too can grow my own light within, to find my way through the darkness.

It also reminds me of my favourite poem, which always makes me smile...

I wish I was a glowworm,
For a glowworm's never glum.
Because how can you be glum,
When the sun shines out your bum?

Feel free to call me Glowworm or Glowy for short. I am glad to have found this community.

Bermuda

What a cute thought. I love glow worms.

Upwardbound

Hi all,

I'm new here. My name is Jennifer. My username is Upwardbound. This had been with me for at least a decade as a way to focus on moving upward in all facets of my life, and specifically CPTSD and all that comes along with it. After 21 years and just before my 40th birthday doing my own research CPTSD was a revealtion that I needed. It is all starting to make sense. Now, I have a trauma informed therapist, am on medication and working on moving "Upwardbound" to aim for the goal of thriving vs surviving. However long it takes and however difficult I'm ready to reclaim my life so I can live it to the fullest and BE FREE. I know I have a long journey ahead, but my faith, family and willpower/determination WILL propel me forward.

I'd love to connect and share more about my story. I am already grateful for this group, so thank you for having me.

Love, light, strength and patience to all of you CPTSD SURVIVORS! We are in this together, and WE CAN DO THIS!

Jennifer

ShortJ

Hi all :)

My name shortJ comes from simply the fact I am short and my birth name starts with J.

Sadly no comical story of choice.
Just a simple explanation.

My life has been far from simple so where I can, I choose simple.