Question (trigger in case)

Started by Bounty, August 11, 2020, 03:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bounty

I'm not sure where to put this but as it happens when I have a fair amount of flashbacks I have put it here. (Admin move if needed).
When I have had quite a few flashbacks in a row I have been getting these voices talking to me all at once and I have no idea what they are saying. It gets very overwhelming that it's hard to deal with anything going on in the real world.
I have informed my GP and waiting to hear back from them, I was just wondering if other can relate at all?

Bounty

Looks like no one can relate so it's just me who is loosing their mind.

Just so others know I have spoken to a mental health nurse and she says that what I'm experiencing is linked to the flashbacks and stress, just another symptom to live with.

Hope67

Hi Bounty,
I read what you wrote before, and had been thinking about it, as I'd not known what to say to you.  I experience voices in my head as I hear my parts talking - but I never know how that compares to what other people experience.  I avoid talking to anyone from mental health services, as I am fearful to discuss things with them - and indeed, I seem to have a fear even of getting to see my own GP.  So I feel you're braver than me, and I'm glad you've approached someone.

I'm glad that you were able to talk to a mental health nurse and that she was helpful.   

Just wanted to say that I hope you are ok.  I am sorry that I wasn't able to think of what to say in reply to what you wrote, and even writing this, I feel clumsy - hope it makes sense and hope you're ok. 

Hope  :)

Bounty

Thank you so much for replying, I appreciate you taking the time. I don't have much faith in professionals as I have been let down so much in the past but I'm finding the voices very disturbing and needed to see if there is anything to help- it appears not.

It feels like there is just no let up of symptoms at the moment which is making everyday life difficult.

(Oh and your post made sense to me)

Hope67

Hi Bounty,
I put a search in my computer for 'Coping with Voices' and this looked really helpful - so I thought I'd share it with you:
https://understandingvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/coping_with_voices.pdf
I hope that's ok - I use grounding, and I also find doing dot-to-dots helpful to calm myself. 
Hope  :)

Bounty

Thank you Hope67 I appreciate the link.

Kizzie

Sorry Bounty, I too read your post and wasn't sure what to say as it's not something I have experienced. 

I did think of DID as a possibility (although please remember I am not a professional) and found this article - https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/dissociativeliving/2016/06/hearing-voices-in-dissociative-identity-disorder.  It might be worth exploring if it's something that happens to you fairly often.

The other thing I thought of is that when I am having an EF I can't stop my brain from whirling and thoughts flying around - not quite voices per se but a sense of being overwhelmed by parts of me?  I don't know that this is a symptom other than hyperarousal perhaps.  :Idunno:

Bounty

Thank you I will take a look, on another note I have been offered online counselling but it's only a maximum of 8 sessions and this concerns me somewhat and don't know whether to go a head or not.

Kizzie

Is that 8 sessions of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy do you know Bounty? 

Bounty

I asked if it was CBT as I find it does not help me and they said it is solution focused and that she works using a person centred approach.
They said the sessions can be extended if it is felt it is needed by both sides. I have agreed to give it a go from this Wednesday I just hope it doesn't make me worse.

Kizzie

dreamriver

Hi Bounty. I also hear voices. I've met others who hear voices, too. Not in my head, but outside, like right in my ear(s). What I tell people who are newly experiencing this or stressed out by it, is that it's actually quite common and more normal than people realize.

I heard voices pretty intensely in my teen years mostly. The most intense experience I had was crazy (not insane crazy more like "whoah! What's that?") in that I didn't hear human voices, I heard animal voices, thousands of them at once: barking, meowing, roaring, bird calls, etc. It was so loud I was looking around and thought it was real but no one else heard it. But more common has been human voices.

It's rarer now for me to hear them, though last week a voice chimed in very briefly while I was going to sleep (most common time I hear them) - unlike you, I don't hear them during EFs exclusively necessarily. I also can't understand what they're saying either. Most of the time. Maybe a word or two. I can also "tune into" them if I really want to hear them, but can also tune them out. Like a radio. The voices sound like radio voices sometimes too. Society considers this a sign of insanity but I've never felt crazy about this.

Sometimes I can ask questions and get answers. They're always cryptic and gibbery and not straightforward, kind of like a dream or a riddle (thinking Twin Peaks here).

Honestly, I think it's my subconscious, and small strings of feelings and expressions flying around. Some others think it's the "Akashic Record" or whatever but I think that's kind of the same thing. Just pieces of you talking to each other and making sense of things. If the voices start saying mean or angry things, make you suspicious of others, or tell you to do something awful, then by all means get help for it - otherwise there's more people who experience this regularly than most realize.

Check out: http://www.hearing-voices.org/

The Hearing Voices Network. Helping normalize and de-stigmatize the average human hearing audible voices sometimes.

Lostgirl

Hi, just seen this I haven't been on for a while.
I too suffer with voices, I often hear my own voice but it's an evil side and sometimes when things really get on top of me I hear a angry man's voice telling me to kill myself ect.
Unfortunately I don't have any tips on how to deal with this as I'm still trying to figure that one out