Disowned for flashback

Started by Dontaskme495, August 16, 2020, 02:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dontaskme495

About 2 months ago, I survived what should've been a fatal workplace accident. Due to my finances, I decided to finish the remaining 2 weeks of work. I really should've left ..two more near misses happened and I spent those two weeks wondering if, at any moment, I would be killed or seriously injured.

After quitting, I couldn't speak to anyone, I didn't leave my room, couldn't even step onto the porch. A friend came to check on me and I was shaking and sweating the whole time. I was uncomfortable being in the same room as anyone.

I told this parent what had happened. Never asked if I was okay, if I needed anything. No empathy whatsoever. What I DID get, was increasing hostility, extremely creepy comments and being made fun of. It culminated in me being screamed at, told I was a terrible son. The last words were "I hate you". That was about a month ago. No contact since.

My brother was kicked out for laughing. Laughing at the insanity of me being screamed at for so obviously having ptsd. Kicked out in the middle of a pandemic, with no job.

I found a room for us and just got a job offer. We can restart our lives now. And I should feel elated but I just feel so damn betrayed. The people who brought us into this world destroyed us in every possible way over the years and then abandoned us. I broke down in tears today infront of my brother asking myself "why?" Why did we have to go through all that. It's so damn unfair for anybody to be abused by their own parents.

Three Roses

I completely agree. It is unfair, the worst betrayal.

owl25

There is so much betrayal in what happened to you. I am sorry for what you went through and are going through. How are you doing now?