Taking a Hopefully Brief Break

Started by buddy9832, August 24, 2020, 02:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy9832

Hi guys,

I've been thinking for about a week or so of taking a break from here, hopefully for the short term. I feel bad as I really have not been able to dedicate the time that this site deserves. I've been finding it difficult to write in my journal. Either I don't have the motivation or I don't feel like I have much to write.

I find that I'll take a few days off to find someone has been really struggling. Not that I feel like I am capable of easing anyone's pain but I wish at the time someone is struggling I could at least acknowledge that I hear them.

I don't think I'll be gone for a long time. Maybe a couple of weeks but hopefully it will allow me to come back with a fresh head, more to write and be an active contributing member again.

I hope everyone stays safe and is able to heal.

Fair winds and following seas!

-Brett

Kizzie

Hi Brett - I'm sure most members who have been here for a bit would agree that we don't expect new members to support others, mainly because when we first arrive we often don't have the energy or wherewithal. 

So, no need to feel guilty or like you've let anyone down, it takes a while to get your feet under you in recovery but once you do then there's often more energy and a desire to give back, support others. That comes in time.

The nice part of being a member of this trauma tribe is we know what it feels like and we don't have any expectations, it's more hope that each of us will do what we need to to recover and heal.

A break is often helpful so I hope yours recharges, renews, provides whatever you need and we'll see you if/when you return.  :grouphug:

marta1234

Hey Buddy, sending much support and wishes for you to enjoy your break :) As Kizzie said, you've done much here on this forum, letting us in on your life and sharing your journal helps a lot of us feel less alone and creates support between each other.
But whatever is best for you; we will always support it  :grouphug:

Hope67

Hi Buddy,
Wishing you the best for your break.  I take breaks from time to time, and find them beneficial.  I hope you will also find this. 
:grouphug:
Hope  :)

rainydiary

I appreciate all of the support you have given me and am glad you are taking some time for yourself. 

buddy9832

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the nice messages I sincerely appreciate it. I wanted to check in. Unplanned when I was originally taking a break life has gotten extremely busy with no sign of letting up. I hope to write in my journal about some of it one of these days and spend time with the OOTS family. It would be nice to be able to contribute and I think it would help me some but unfortunately, I don't think I'll be an active contributor for a while.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's post but I hope life has been treating you well.

Cheers!

Kizzie

:heythere:  Hi Buddy

No problem popping in and out as you want or need to, please do whatever makes sense to you  :yes:

We'll be here  :grouphug: