Hello?

Started by alwayslikethis, August 28, 2020, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alwayslikethis

Hi everyone. I'm a 25F from the UK. I've been in and out of therapy for anxiety and depression since I was 17. At 22, I went into therapy for PTSD after witnessing a violent crime and had a great therapist who helped me unpick not only the recent trauma, but a lot of trauma I endured in childhood, although she never used the term CPTSD. I didn't discover that until a couple of years later.

TW: abuse

I was sexually abused as a child, and also raised in a single-parent household. My mum (who raised me) suffered poor mental and physical health throughout my childhood and, as a result, I and my siblings were somewhat neglected. It's been hard for me to accept that because I love my mum and know she loves me and never felt like I had a bad childhood, but I'm starting to realise how much of my upbringing wasn't 'normal' and how much it's affected me throughout my life.

I've never been good at opening up to those close to me, so I don't feel like I can talk to anyone in my life about what happened and how I feel about it, so I'm hoping this will be a  space where I feel like I can be honest about my feelings.

CherryTree

Welcome alwayslikethis,

I am also new to the forum so just getting to grips with how everything works.

It sounds like you've done a lot of work and come a long way to find your route here - so well done for persisting. I hope that you are able to find some useful resources and chat to some other like-minded folks  :thumbup:

x

Blueberry

A warm welcome to the forum, alwayslikethis!

This has come to be a place where I can talk about my feelings more than anywhere. There's a lot of honest support on here from folks who've been through similar.

Three Roses

A warm welcome to you! (and you too, cherry tree!)

marta1234

Welcome alwayslikethis  :heythere: Sending you a warm welcome too :)

Not Alone