Just useless V Cptsd symptoms

• 9 Replies

OceanStar

• View Profile
Just useless V Cptsd symptoms
« on: September 08, 2020, 07:55:45 PM »
Today has been a bad day.

Where is the line between me being a horrible useless person and actual symptoms of the CPTSD.

I can't blame everything on the past. At least some of me is just unkind, useless and worthless.

Not a good day. Barriers to the world going up.

marta1234

• View Profile
Re: Just useless V Cptsd symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 08:02:57 PM »
Oceanstar, Iím here to support you no matter what. Be kind to yourself. We have so many defensive mechanisms set in my place that are unhealthy, but they are all from trauma. So be kind and gentle with yourself, and Iím sending you lots of support and a hug (if itís ok) :hug:.
You are not worthless. You are important no matter what. :)

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 09:11:35 PM »
When I'm in an amygdala hijacking (emotional flashback), I can verbally beat myself up pretty badly. Could that possibly what is happening to you? You are someone worthy of kindness and care.

Eidolon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 05:38:43 PM »
You're not worthless at all! It might be difficult to see right now, but you're resilient and things will not always be this way. Life will get better. Be gentle with yourself today, please.

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »
Dear OceanStar,

Thinking that you're a horrible useless person is a symptom of cptsd.

Please be kind and gentle to yourself. You are worthy of care. Sending much support and healing, caring energy from OOTS  :hug: :grouphug:

Snookiebookie2

• CPTSD is psychological and emotional injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 08:18:15 AM »
Thinking that you're a horrible useless person is a symptom of cptsd.

Please be kind and gentle to yourself. You are worthy of care. Sending much support and healing, caring energy from OOTS  :hug: :grouphug:

:yeahthat:

When I'm in an amygdala hijacking (emotional flashback), I can verbally beat myself up pretty badly. Could that possibly what is happening to you? You are someone worthy of kindness and care.

:yeahthat:

I totally agree with these excellent posts - they hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

Sending you hugs  :grouphug:

OceanStar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 07:25:40 AM »
Thank you all for your messages of support.

Still fighting this huge divide within myself but I dont feel quite so overwhelmed by it now. I can see other things again.

owl25

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 12:26:04 AM »
Glad to hear things have improved. How are you today?

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 03:59:52 AM »
oceanstar, i agree with everyone here.  we've been damaged again and again, which can make it difficult to distinguish our real selves from the selves we've been set up to be.  be as kind as possible to yourself, ok? we're all in this together - we get it.  love and hugs :hug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 01:16:55 PM »
Sorry I didn't post sooner Oceanstar but just wanted to add my support and say that being kind and compassionate toward yourself (hard I know, at least initially), is the best antidote to the poison you've been taught about yourself through the trauma you've survived. Keep on reaching out, we're here, we do get it and we can help.  :grouphug: