Nightmare

Started by Alter-eg0, September 09, 2020, 02:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alter-eg0

*Possible trigger warning*

So last night, my mum called me and told me how things were going. My parents split up a while back (my dad took off with one of his patients, who is also half his age) and they still have to interact due to court/money-stuff regarding my Dad's previous company going bankrupt. Up until now my mum was still living in my childhood home, but it looks like she's going to have to sell the place.
It appears that my dad has been manipulating and emotionally bashing her more than usual over the past two weeks, so she was a bit stressed out. She called to update me, and I'm fine with that. It's very interesting to me, though, how my subconscious responds.
This time, I was clearly processing some stuff in my sleep :bigwink:

I dreamt that I was at school, where I used to work up until last summer, when I quit to start my own company and work with my dad (big mistake). I miss the place tremendously. Anyway, so I dreamt that I was at school, and I was walking to the teachers lounge.
On my way there, my dad suddenly showed up and grabbed me by the throat. He pushed my up against the wall, and tried to strangle me. I was trying to scream, but no sound came out. He looked at me with a look in his face as if to say "haha, try me, there's nothing you can do", and then he slipped his pinky finger in my mouth. So I bit down. Hard. I bit off the tip of his finger. And he didn't respond AT ALL. Like he didn't even notice. So I tried screaming again, and finally, something came out. Some people walking by, looked in my direction. But they kept walking. It was not necessarily a scary dream, it was more of a depressing one, with the feeling of frustration and helplessness. The symbolism is uncanny.

My dad was (almost) never physically abusive, but as a communal narcissist, there was plenty of hidden emotional manipulation going on. I didn't discover all of this until a few months ago, when things got so out of hand that I went no contact. This year has been intense, and it's rather interesting to see how my subconscious processes this stuff. Rather unpleasant though :Idunno: