Eager to Heal

• 4 Replies

Eidolon

• View Profile
Eager to Heal
« on: September 09, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »
Hi! I'm Eidolon!

I'm 20 and I'm a little new to recovery. I was in EMDR therapy for 8 months and stopped going right before Covid shut everything down. I'm a reclusive person but it isn't by choice. Mostly, I'm scared that I'll hurt other people or chase them away. I dissociate often and I don't know what I like or dislike. I am angry or ashamed when I'm not feeling empty. Other times I am depressed. It's overwhelming. There is more to life than this. I know there is. I want to experience it for myself. It feels selfish of me to say that, but it's true.

Also, you have a very nice forum!   :)

marta1234

• View Profile
Re: Eager to Heal
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 06:25:45 PM »
Hi Eidolon, welcome  :heythere: At first, for me too I didnít have any dislikes or likes, i didnít know what to do, and I felt depressed most of my days, like I was floating in my life. Happy to see that youíve found this forum, hereís a gentle hug if itís ok  :hug:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »
Welcome.  :heythere: I don't think you are selfish for wanting to experience life to its fullest.

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:14:51 PM »
A warm welcome to the forum, Eidolon!  :heythere:
I'm glad you found us and I'm also glad you like the forum :)

I don't think you are selfish for wanting to experience life to its fullest.

:yeahthat:
In fact I think it's probably normal and healthy to want to do that. I think it's great that you want to! Sounds like an aspect of resilience to me :)

Eidolon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »
Thank you for the welcome <3 I'm really excited!