Eager to Heal

Started by Eidolon, September 09, 2020, 04:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eidolon

Hi! I'm Eidolon!

I'm 20 and I'm a little new to recovery. I was in EMDR therapy for 8 months and stopped going right before Covid shut everything down. I'm a reclusive person but it isn't by choice. Mostly, I'm scared that I'll hurt other people or chase them away. I dissociate often and I don't know what I like or dislike. I am angry or ashamed when I'm not feeling empty. Other times I am depressed. It's overwhelming. There is more to life than this. I know there is. I want to experience it for myself. It feels selfish of me to say that, but it's true.

Also, you have a very nice forum!   :)

marta1234

Hi Eidolon, welcome  :heythere: At first, for me too I didn't have any dislikes or likes, i didn't know what to do, and I felt depressed most of my days, like I was floating in my life. Happy to see that you've found this forum, here's a gentle hug if it's ok  :hug:

Not Alone

Welcome.  :heythere: I don't think you are selfish for wanting to experience life to its fullest.

Blueberry

A warm welcome to the forum, Eidolon!  :heythere:
I'm glad you found us and I'm also glad you like the forum :)

Quote from: notalone on September 09, 2020, 08:56:38 PM
I don't think you are selfish for wanting to experience life to its fullest.

:yeahthat:
In fact I think it's probably normal and healthy to want to do that. I think it's great that you want to! Sounds like an aspect of resilience to me :)

Eidolon

Thank you for the welcome <3 I'm really excited!