Apologies and Promises to Tiny Me

Started by Eidolon, September 10, 2020, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eidolon

This is the first letter I've written to my Child part. Sometimes I leave notes or I'll think things throughout the day, but I never really wrote her a letter. I'd like to change that today.
**Trigger Warning?**

Hi, Tiny.

I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry you had to see me yell when I was triggered, and that it scared you. I'm sorry I was so angry and it felt like I was rejecting you. I'm sorry I reinforced what M taught us. I promise I will never do it again.

You're never going to have to be afraid like that ever again. I will listen when you are feeling scared instead of denying it, and I will let you be soft instead of forcing you to be strong. You are loved, Tiny. You are allowed to take up space and enjoy things. I promise I will never let anyone hurt you for enjoying things; I promise I will always be here.

You can say you don't like baked beans. Nobody is going to make you eat them anymore. There are no more dog beds. There are no more dog treats. No more lice, no more hurt. HB can't hurt you anymore. Nobody will do it again. Starting today, I will be my own mother. I will nourish the gentleness I was denied, and I will do it for you, Tiny. There is a world full of wonder for you. There always has been, and I am sorry I didn't see it until now. Let's explore it together.

Not Alone

Dark.art.girl

Eidolon

Tried working with Tiny again- all she can ask is "how come?" because she was hurt and doesn't know how to react. I'm still partially dissociated and every time I work on an affirmation there's a bit of inner critic from NM. Wish I had therapy today but I managed to create some affirmations:
You never have to lie or talk to the people again if you don't want to. I would do anything to take the hurt away from you. I would take you away from NM and FOO and others. You are loved and wanted.

Armadillo

That's beautiful Eidolon. I know Timy can start to feel that love and protection from you.

Not Alone

Armadillo

Quote from: Armadillo on April 24, 2021, 09:11:39 PM
That's beautiful Eidolon. I know Tiny can start to feel that love and protection from you.