A long journey

Started by Pioneer, September 20, 2020, 05:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

Hi! :) I am excited to join this community and to find people who have experienced a similar journey. I have been dealing with CPTSD symptoms for some time now but only very recently learned what it was. It was really encouraging for me when I discovered that there was an explanation for what I was feeling and dealing with. My parents are both malignant narcissistic abusers, but I grew up thinking I had a "normal, perfect and wonderful life" and it took me until recently (my early 30s) to discover this truth about them.

It was a huge relief for me to discover this truth. My husband and I were able to discern that about my parents with the help of some friends who had been in or seen similar experiences. My parents abusive tendencies became more evident to us when they increased their abuse toward us and our young children. Our lives, health, emotions and safety were falling apart and had been for quite some time. We were able to confront my parents and begin the process of some significant boundaries. A few months ago we moved across the country (we called it "the great escape") to where our family would be safe from their control. We are so grateful to be in a safe place now! And we have begun the process of rebuilding our lives.

The recovery process has been more difficult than we could have imagined. I do believe that recovery is happening though. It's already been really encouraging to read a little bit of the experiences in this forum, and I am eager to learn some more and to find support and affirmation along the way, too. Thank you  :grouphug:

marta1234

:heythere: Hi Pioneer, happy you could join us! :)

OceanStar

Hello and welcome.

I hope you are able to benefit from this site. I certainly have.

:heythere:

saylor

Hope67

Pioneer

Thank you for the warm welcomes!  :)

woodsgnome

Trudging this path is by its nature very lonely, so it's always comforting to find others who know the territory.

Welcome  :wave:

Pioneer

It sure is comforting to find others who know the territory! I am discovering that to be very true.

gravity

Three Roses

Not Alone