Possible Trigger Warning? Turning Internal Captivity to External Freedom

Started by Eidolon, September 27, 2020, 05:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eidolon

Something interesting happened a few days ago. Tiny (my five-year-old self) tends to linger when I'm incredibly hungry or feeling isolated. I don't know how to describe the feeling. Like dreaming, or meditating, but somewhat different.

I saw Tiny inside of a box in my head. I opened it, and I asked her if she would like something better than the box. She seemed frightened by the possibility of anything other than hiding- she kept saying she wanted to go home, only she didn't know where it was.  We disassembled the box and rebuilt it into a cabin where there could be anything she would ever want. There's a nice comfortable bed and plenty of food. Outside, there is a big forest and fairies to be friends with her. My dad is there and she knows that if she ever needs anything, I am always right there, because I'm carrying her inside of me. She was ready to have a nap after that. I think I fell asleep, too, but I can't recall.

I tried to remember the rest of the day and it's just blank space- like the day never happened, and it was just that moment. Feeling a little nervous about it. I must have been awake for the rest of it. I'm really glad I managed to soothe Tiny, but there's still insecurity in not remembering other things.

Three Roses

Same happens to me sometimes. I either don't remember the past few hours or they're just a foggy memory. I know I experience dissociation, but I do not think I have compartmentalized my parts (as in DID). It seems to me I just dissociate heavily at times. I hope you find this comforting. We all have parts, as you know, but it seemed to me you were worried you may have DID. Not necessarily the case even if you don't remember the last few hours.

Eidolon

Quote from: Three Roses on September 27, 2020, 04:21:20 PM
Same happens to me sometimes. I either don't remember the past few hours or they're just a foggy memory. I know I experience dissociation, but I do not think I have compartmentalized my parts (as in DID). It seems to me I just dissociate heavily at times. I hope you find this comforting. We all have parts, as you know, but it seemed to me you were worried you may have DID. Not necessarily the case even if you don't remember the last few hours.
That is reassuring, thank you. Sometimes it's hours but other times it's entire days. I went to sleep on a Thursday at one point, and when I "woke up" it was a Saturday. Apparently I had been awake and moving on Friday of that week, but I had no knowledge of it. I found a soup bowl at my desk and not much else. I haven't missed days since then to my knowledge. It probably helps that my dad isn't drinking anymore, because that used to trigger me a lot. That was when I was losing days. Hasn't happened since.

Not Alone

Quote from: Eidolon on September 27, 2020, 05:13:16 AM
I saw Tiny inside of a box in my head. I opened it, and I asked her if she would like something better than the box. She seemed frightened by the possibility of anything other than hiding- she kept saying she wanted to go home, only she didn't know where it was.  We disassembled the box and rebuilt it into a cabin where there could be anything she would ever want. There's a nice comfortable bed and plenty of food. Outside, there is a big forest and fairies to be friends with her. My dad is there and she knows that if she ever needs anything, I am always right there, because I'm carrying her inside of me. She was ready to have a nap after that. I think I fell asleep, too, but I can't recall.

Beautiful