Three Good Things Today - Part 7

Started by Kizzie, October 02, 2020, 02:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Way to go, Bermuda! :cheer:

3) One of my school students has suddenly improved i.e. finally doing extra work, catch up work without me having to plug away at trying to force it :thumbup: Such a relief when a student gets to that stage.

Blueberry

1) I've been given a spot on the literary translation workshop already
2) The first tiny glimmers of pink on some rose buds on the plant I've been carefully tending for a couple of years, hoping it would bloom again. Last summer only one bud, this summer lots.  :)
3) I'm making so much progress atm! But I'm not forcing myself to list it all because I'm tired. So self-care: stop writing.

OceanStar

1 I went for a walk even though it was raining

2 I managed to cook dinner despite feelings of overwhelm.

3 I reached out to a friend and although she was not available I am still glad I thought to do something and try.

Blueberry

1) I went for a little cycle, even though it was raining. Since July 1st I have gone for at least a little cycle every day.

2) I practised singing for the choir this evening. As usual, singing God's word did me a lot of good and I'm looking forward to the first practice after almost a year - which will be next Tuesday.

3) I collected leaves of a plant called French spinach (atriplex hortensis var. rubra) from somebody's garden where I'm allowed to harvest things like that. I'm happy that I wanted to harvest and eat something so healthy and tasty  :)

From yesterday:
4) I got a reply from the friend I've been discussing things with recently. I'll maybe write more about it on my Journal, but at least it's not worst-case scenario and certainly there is now more clarity for me.

Blueberry

1) Yesterday I had a ride on my old 'special bicycle' which is elsewhere atm and I did enjoy it despite various technical issues with the bike. Maybe it was good just to have a final goodbye ride? Maybe I'll change my mind after all?

2) I rode my new 'special bicycle' up to the farm yesterday and back today and realise that I'm still in a transition phase, getting used to it, learning to ride it better, even though I was able to ride right away the very first. But there's still away to go before I've really got the knack. However it was finally more fun on the open road :) rather than just about town

3) Yesterday I sang for the first time with one of the church choirs I'm in. There were only 8 of us altogether. I sang anyway and didn't feel particularly self-conscious. I also don't have the feeling that my singing has gone back to square one with me not singing in a choir for over a year. On the contrary. My impression was that I was managing to adjust my voice to get on the correct note more quickly than I used to. I was also hearing that better.

4) On my bike ride(s) yesterday and today too I could feel more precisely which leg muscles are being used (a bit different than on a standard bike) and felt both some happiness that I could even feel that and feel my legs and in fact lower torso working. I also felt a flash of willingness to keep going bit by bit practising to improve a little bit by bit on my fitness levels to make bike-riding more fun.  :)

5) A willingness to strengthen muscles and work on fitness levels is a HUGE thing for me. Please note all readers who might like to encourage me in this endeavour with tips - this is a big trauma area for whatever reasons and I'm best off if I can go at my own pace, so please no hint of any suggestions. Thanks :) So I'm very happy about this willingness, even if it was there as a feeling for just a few minutes. I have hope it will come again. :)

Blueberry

1) Looking at this thread and trying to inspire myself to think of something good I did for myself today.
2) I did go to my doctor's.
3) I cycled to my doc's in the sunshine.

Yesterday:
1) I finally phoned a friend who also has cptsd. She validated a lot of what I was thinking and feeling. It was good to speak to and hear somebody rather than just write and read.

Not Alone

1) Watched and enjoyed Christmas movies.
2) Wrapped Christmas gifts.
3) Pet therapy---cat on my lap.
4) Did not get down on myself for not getting all the things done that I wanted to do.

OceanStar

1. I  brought milk for breakfast
2. I sorted out a box of rubbish
3. I got realised i was angry.

Blueberry

1)  I did go to evening church service and sang in the choir
2) I warmed up some soup I got as part of a Christmas parcel yesterday
3) I cleaned out my furbabies.

tea-the-artist

1) got up from nap and ordered my favorite arepa and empanadas instead of hoping to ignore the potential hunger
2) did some flower studies of alstroemerias
3) watered and transferred most plants to my sunny bedroom (thankful for wintertime southfacing bedroom)

Bermuda

1. My body functioned alright today and I was able to interact with the world to some degree.
2. I decided to trade some plant cuttings online for other plants, and got lots of exciting replies. I look forward to making my tropical jungle dreams come true. I need more plant babies.
3. I woke up this morning from my 2 year old coming into the bedroom, crawling under the covers, petting my face and blowing me kisses, then he walked away.

Blueberry

1) I noticed I was brushing my teeth in a gentler fashion than usual
2) I finally got my godson's Xmas present into the post
3) I woke up in a clean, comfortable bed (because I finally changed all my sheets last night and tucked all the blankets in again so they don't fall off in the night)

Blueberry

1) Sang in the church choir this morning
2) Had a laugh at some of the things the priest was saying to the children e.g. the sermon is long and often more for adults, can be a bit difficult to understand so it's quite OK for the children to day-dream or think of something pleasant! ;D  But the adults really should listen otoh. I do, mostly, I like his sermons. Throughout the service he was explaining why we do particular things and say particular things and I really appreciated it because I didn't grow up going to church much anyway and certainly not to this denomination.
3) Felt inspired to do a bunch of cleaning including 2 windows - doing one of them I enjoyed the :sunny: Otherwise little bits and pieces of cleaning and tidying, bit it all feels good atm!

Blueberry

Three Good Things in the Past Few Days

1) On hearing that my furbaby had slipped away, our choir director added a hymn to the service Friday evening "The Day Thou Gavest Lord is Ended" but in the local language. I was really touched that 1) she remembered me saying it's sung in some English-speaking countries at funerals (it isn't in the country I live in now) and 2) she added it for me, so I could sing in company with others for my furbaby. (She does have her own furbaby so she understands.)

2) All the support I've got on here from quite a number of mbrs over the past days. I really feel it and really appreciate it :grouphug:

3) I get wood shavings from a local carpenter for my furbabies but hadn't contacted him for a while though I knew he was keeping sackloads for me. Finally yesterday I managed to email him and apologise and say my furbabies aren't even with me atm so I won't be needing any shavings for a while. He was really cool about it and even wrote I shouldn't be having a bad conscience over that, which was quite perceptive because that was exactly what I had. Now I've dropped my bad conscience.

Not Alone

Blueberry, it warms my heart that there are people who were attuned to you and your feelings.