Three Good Things Today - Part 7

Started by Kizzie, October 02, 2020, 02:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1) Made myself soup stock
2) Went for a little walk in the snow
3) Finally posted a parcel containing a couple of Xmas presents. 
4) Enquiry email about something to do with literary translation  :thumbup:

CactusFlower

1. grocery delivery with Pan Dulce
2. snuggles from my kittycat
3. playing animal crossing

sage

CactusFlower

Technically it's from yesterday, but it was such a good day!
1. Found a new Vietnamese restaurant that does pickup, is reasonably priced, and amazingly delicious
2. Went to a national wildlife refuge and saw about 110+ sandhill cranes migrating
3. saw some of my favorite hawks

Blueberry

Yesterday + Today:
1) No rain; even :sunny:
2) Finally had shower and washed my hair yesterday and no surprise - I feel better
3) Washed a huge stack of dishes yesterday, which made me feel lots better too

Kizzie

1)  Extreme cold warning has ended here and it's bright and sunny with a tease of spring just around the corner

2)  I used our snowblower to get rid of what snow there was on our driveway (it had been too cold) and enjoyed the fresh air and exercise

3) A kind neighbour put out our garbage bin because I forgot

Blueberry

:cheer:

Quote from: Kizzie on February 20, 2021, 05:49:16 PM
3) A kind neighbour put out our garbage bin because I forgot
Not TGIF, but TG for kind neigbours!  ;)

Kizzie

I know right? I kind of get a warm fuzzy feeling whereas before it would have (all) been fear that I would 'owe' the neighbour. 

Blueberry

Hey good on you for making that progress, Kizzie! :thumbup: :applause:   I used to be worried about 'owing' the neighbour too.

Bermuda

1. I woke up with a terrible motion headache the kind that makes you sick, but my husband got my son ready for preschool, took him to school, and brought me rye crumpets with sundried tomato hummus and avocados in bed. I am feeling a lot better now, which is great because I have class and a tutoring session later.

2. I am going to bouce back and accomplish things.

3. I planted some seeds in my family room and they are sprouting. What is amazing is that I am growing tea indoors, and tea seeds are supposed to be soaked for a day, dried until they crack, peeled, or even boiled before planting and supposedly take a MONTH to sprout. I did no such things, put them in dirt with water under a light and put a drinking glass on top, a week later tiny TEA SPROUTS. In the same container have echinacea and lavender sprouting too. Plant babies make me happy.

Blueberry

1. I eventually got up and stayed up
2. I made it to the farmer's market which means I got some food for myself, for my pets, was out in the fresh air and sunshine and chatted with a few acquaintances
3. I gave my little pet her medicine. I admit I haven't taken my own but I have had some food and drink. Also washed the dishes after playing round after round of solitaire/patience at my table in the sun. So I managed to stop eventually.  :thumbup:

Blue Rose

1. The weather was amazing
2. My SO took day off work to spend day with me, even put their phone on silent
3. We went out on our e-mountain bikes and explored new bridleways and paths and had a picnic by a river and best bit was I saw a Kingfisher sitting on a branch across the river and he flew off and came back and flew off again, beautiful

OceanStar

1. Comfortable shoes.

2. A quick dinner to put in the oven.

3. A warm scarf.

4. A hot water bottle.

Jazzy

1. I had a great discussion with my brother today, which lasted a number of hours. It was a really positive social experience for me.
2. I recently made my own salad dressing, which is much healthier, and much tastier than the pre-made stuff available in the store. I'm enjoying it every day!
3. My cat hasn't been eating much the past couple of days, because her normal food was back-ordered, and she didn't like the replacement. Today, I found her some new food which she was able to enjoy.

CactusFlower

1- Saw a good video that talks about trauma and addictive behavior. Thoughtful notes to contemplate later.
2- decided to try to eat less junk food just because it's convenient.
3-played with my cloud slime while watching cartoons this morning.

Bermuda

My life is looking quite stable. Sometimes it's hard to see the stability, and hard to appreciate it, but I notice it now. The big things don't feel like mountains and the little things mean very little.

I posted today. I am thinking of myself. Wanting to get back some of that "self" that I never developed. No pressure though. I think that's a good thing.

I'm home alone, and I'm listening to music. I listen to music maybe three times a year. I am enjoying it without judging myself for enjoying it.