Ongoing triggers

Started by Rogue84, October 12, 2020, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue84

Hi!! I am curious if someone can relate and has found ways to deal with it or find relief:

I struggle with an ongoing trigger that has been going on for a month now. My main trigger is unexplained physical complaints that are hard to ignore and are persistent. Every time this happens, i get stuck. And i really want to learn better ways to respond to it!

This time i have had several heavy migraine attacks in a row (migraine is a trigger in itself) and the aftermath that normally lasts a day is now in its third week: i experience eye problems (photophobia, eye fatigue and difficulty focussing), increased tinnitus, headache and pain in my neck, ear, jaw and shoulders. I also experience extreme fatigue.
All this makes it hard to distract myself, as i am unable to take the calming walks i usually take or read or watch tv.

I feel a constant sense of threat and keep flashing back to feelings of: 'i have no control', 'this will be forever' and 'i am all alone'. I know i am flashing back and am telling myself that, but it's hard to find relief since the trigger is still here.

I think my panic reaction to the physical symptoms only make them worse, so it's hard to get out of this cycle.

Can anyone relate? And if so, have you found ways that helped you deal with ongoing triggers?