Saffron

Started by Marian82, October 13, 2020, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marian82

Im still conflicted/ambivalent to using any kind of drug, but i started using saffron about 2 weeks ago. It is a herb that is calming and has antidepressant properties. Im still struggling, but i do feel it makes a difference. Between being severely suïcidal or fleeting thoughts in this direction. Between being so severely depressed i dont come out of bed or being able to do a few social and practical things in a week.  Between terror and milder anxiety. Im not suddenly euphoric and happy, but i can at least start to function a little bit again.   

I use it in tea or milk.

I do want to withdraw again in maybe a month, after i implemented a healthier lifestyle again and perhaps got out of depression. They do say there are withdrawals.

Anyone experience with it?

Marian82

I stopped the saffron again...im too afraid of getting withdrawal similar to antidepressants.. 

Blueberry

fwiw my experience with herbs is that there are no withdrawal symptoms when I come off them. But then I never noticed any withdrawal symptoms when coming off various anti-deps including Prozac 25 years ago so that's maybe just me.

I know that saffron is used in cooking e.g. for saffron rice. Maybe a tiny tiny amount would help you just a little bit. I mean just a little bit of help is probably better than no help.

Marian82

Thanks! I had horrible withdrawals from an AD, so im a bit worried. But i might use just a bit indeed, or use it on bad days. Thanks!

Marian82

Got hyper because of it! And became an insomniac. Quit.