Introduction

Started by BrokenArrow, October 18, 2020, 08:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenArrow

Hello. This is not easy to open myself up like this, even anonymously. But here goes...
I have complex ptsd from prolonged childhood abuse. I then married at 19, and endured more psychological, emotional and sexual abuse for 10 years. It seems that nearly every day I'm discovering more ways this is still affecting me. I left my childhood religion last week, and have mixed feelings about that. There was a lot of trauma mixed in with that environment, and I feel I need to heal more before deciding whether or not it is right for me. I have been in a relationship with a wonderful man now for nine months. We will be living together in a few months. I struggle with emotional reactions with him. I explain every time what is happening, and once he realizes why, he is very compassionate. Thank you all for allowing me to be here, and hearing my story. You all inspire me, and it helps to know I'm not alone.

OceanStar

marta1234

Welcome to oots, BrokenArrow (I really like your name, btw)  :heythere: . I hope you find some comfort in sharing your story (if you decided to share more) and reading others' experiences. :) Sending you lots of support and a hug (if it's ok) :hug:

Not Alone

Snowdrop

Welcome to the forum! I read your story, and I'm glad that you found us. You're definitely not alone.