Listening to someone else’s music suggestion is triggering

Started by marta1234, December 02, 2020, 06:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marta1234

Hi. So I've found that for years, whenever I have listened to someone else's music that they want to show me or have suggested, I immediately tense up and feel uncomfortable, or in better words feel triggered. I am suspecting this to be the tip of the iceberg of an underlying issue, such as being unable to enjoy playing anything (video game, board game), watching any movie, looking at a screen is impossible for me to do with someone else. I'm assuming it is because of the constant movies we would watch together and games we would play as a family, and I was always tense as I would always sit next to my brother (which I despised).
In any case, I was wondering if anyone else is unable to listen to a friend's suggested music?

Jazzy

Not sure if it is the same thing, but does it maybe have something to do with with the social interaction? What if you don't like your friend's music, what if you don't react how they expect etc.?

To be honest, I don't have much in the way of friends. 10ish years ago or so I had a work-friend over visiting my place, and showing me some music he liked on my PC. Even though I genuinely liked it too, it was still a pretty difficult and stressful experience. I'm really not good with people, I was tense the entire time he was at my apartment.