Cyber-stalking and phishing

Started by Bermuda, December 10, 2020, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bermuda

I don't know what to do.

Trigger warning with a very short version of a 15 year long back story. I grew up in an abusive home. I was kicked out of home as a teenager. My mother's words were that she never wanted to see my face again. After this point I was homeless, during my time sleeping rough I got a very immediate more realistic picture of the world, and learned just how bad things were before. Homelessness was a really positive thing for me. Since then, I have been stalked by my very dangerous family, both online and in person. My mother has started multiple phishing campaigns asking for my personal information, saying that I am in danger, that I am a child runaway. I was even posted on multiple websites as a missing person. She has even shown up where I live and work, but I managed to hide. This has severally effected my adult life. I have contacted lawyers, cease and desist letters have been sent, I have contacted these missing persons sites, as well as local police every time I move (which is a lot).... Unfortunately, because of the country my mother was living in, nothing could be done. I have even gone so far as to study international human rights law myself.

Anyway, moving on without any details, it's brewing again. There is another campaign, and they have found me. I don't know what to do. I am a mother now, and I have to protect my son. I don't want them to win though, I don't want to change all of my social media and disappear again. I just want to have a normal life.

I am thinking of legally changing my name again. I don't know how I will explain this to my son when he is older....

I have a lot of feelings right now, and I don't know what to do. i'm in a very safe country and during the pandemic no one is coming to hurt me. I know this, but I am still so scared.