Finally saying hello

Started by Bluegem, December 29, 2020, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluegem

Hi
I have been reading the forum posts on and off for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge and say hello and thank you all for your comments and encouragement to everyone...this just seems like a really supportive place.

I have not 'officially' been diagnosed as having cptsd but I seem to have a lot of the symptoms & an ace score of 6 so I guess I don't need the confirmation just a way or ways to make it better and easier to live with.

I have had a few Emdr sessions which really seemed to help with intrusive thoughts etc & I had just been assessed for some therapy when lockdown started but we were unable to meet face to face and  unfortunately it wasn't something I feel I could do over the phone or via video so I decided to work on my own for a while.

Please say hello  :wave:

woodsgnome

Greetings, Bluegem  :wave:

Sounds like you're taking tentative steps you feel it's finally time to explore further. OOTS is a good place for that, mainly as it's a safe entourage of people traveling along similar but divergent paths.

Hope you can continue your explorations and, most of all, run into some needed supportive ways to enhance those first steps.

Hope67

Welcome Bluegem,

:wave:  Hello, and I hope that you'll find this forum to be a place where you can feel supported and encouraged. 

Hope  :)

Not Alone

marta1234

Welcome Bluegem, glad you joined us  :heythere: Hope you feel the same support that everyone here does too :)

Blueberry

Hello Bluegem! Welcome to the forum :wave:

Bluegem

Thanks Blueberry, Marta123 & notalone for the welcome   :wave:

Thanks Woodsgnome :wave: I am going to start a journal ..seems a little strange for me to think about writing my thoughts 'in the open' (well sort of  :blink: ) when I don't feel comfortable writing anything down at home.

Thanks too Hope67  :wave: I have just started reading your journal & the IFS sounds very interesting so I plan on ordering some of the books.  I also looked at the Carolyn spring website & went to order the free taster info ..but backed out as it wanted phone number & address to order them but I am interested in whether they are helpful.