Not Alone: 2021

Started by Not Alone, December 31, 2020, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armadillo

QuoteAt the end of our session, T said, "Guard your heart from the bread crumbs."

😭

:hug:

Not Alone

I reworded my cover letter and emailed letter, resume, and letters of recommendation. Now wait and see if I get an interview.

I feel a solid sphere is distress in my gut. Part of it is job hunting and the stress of needing to work full time and part is the death of hope for closeness in my marriage and holding the facade that everything is okay. All of that is swimming in the vast ocean of trauma. Ughhh.

Maybe I should do some breathing/visualization activities today. I feel like I am hardly breathing. A walk would be good too.

Tee

:hug: :wave: sorry I've been MIA but it sounds like you have had a lot going on. Sending a big hug of support as you are looking for a new job.

I'm sorry your relationship is not going the way you would like it go. That's hard to deal with big hug :hug:

Not Alone

Jazzy

Hi Notalone,

I'm popping in to give you a hug this evening. I've been thinking of you and I know things are tough.  :hug:

What you said about breathing really stands out to me. I'm amazed you're getting anything else done at all if you're not even breathing properly. Sounds like you're under more stress than I could handle. I hope thing ease up soon!

Sending you some of the peace I've been feeling today.

<3 Jazzy

Not Alone

Thank you, Jazzy. Appreciate your hug and your thoughts.

I had a job interview on Friday (different than job I mentioned on 7/1) and a second interview today with the same person and an additional person. It wasn't awful, but not great either. I didn't feel on top of my game. It's hard for me to think clearly when I'm nervous. Wait and see.

Tee

:hug: fingers crossed for you I'm sure you did better than you think. Sending positive thoughts and a big hug of peace and comfort. :hug:

Not Alone

Tee, thank you. I need that hug of peace and comfort. This is so stressful.  :aaauuugh:

I received a phone call for another interview, different place. This one is less money, but my major concern is insurance and a fairly low stress job. Interview is on Thursday.

rainydiary

I am thinking of you Notalone.  Interviewing is difficult, especially when you have a lot riding on it.   :hug:

Blueberry

Sending good thoughts, notalone. :hug:

Armadillo

I hope you end up with lots of options to choose from, Not Alone, at the end of this.

Not Alone

Rainydiary, Blueberry, Armadillo; your support means a lot and brings me comfort.

CactusFlower

Sending energy that you find the job that's best for you.  :cheer:

Snowdrop

I hope the interview goes well, Notalone. I've not fully caught up with your journal yet, but I want you to know that I care about you, and you've been in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Not Alone

Thanks, Sage & Snowdrop.

I had another job interview today. Two hours later I received a call and was offered the job. I accepted. I'm pretty excited about it. Will write more about all this later.
:cheer:                   :party:                  :fireworks:                 :boogie: