Not Alone: 2021

Started by Not Alone, December 31, 2020, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainydiary

Notalone, I am grateful for your update.  Best wishes as you continue to navigate working full time. 

Snowdrop

I've been thinking of you, Notalone, and hoping you're okay.

It's a huge change. I'm not surprised it's exhausting. I think it would be for anyone, and as you say, there's cptsd on top of that. Asking questions is good. It shows you're willing to learn.

I'm glad the staff are nice, and there are people there you like.

:grouphug:

sanmagic7

Not Alone

I've been at my full time job for 4 weeks. Still some of the same issues for me: tiredness, feeling like I don't know what I'm doing (this is lessening some), feeling left out (those feelings are pretty big). Pretty overwhelmed with work and family.

I feel like my therapy is on hold as I focus on navigating these life-changes. I'm still seeing therapist, but feel like I can't dive into my trauma because I need to be able to function and go to work the next day.

rainydiary

Notalone, I am thinking of you.  I experience similar feelings when working - it is overwhelming and exhausting a lot more than not especially when we need to "reserve" energy for the day.  I hope that you continue to find balance and what works for you.

Hope67

Hi Notalone,

You've had a lot on your plate, regarding starting your new job, and coping with the changes involved in that, and balancing everything, and I just wanted to say that I am impressed that you've managed to do that, and I hope that things will become easier as you get settled even more into your new routines.  Hopefully there will be more space for your therapy in time as well, and it's good that you've still got your therapist alongside.

Sending you a supportive hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

hey, notalone,

i get it about putting therapy to the side in order to have the necessary energy for other things.  the amount of change that goes along with a new job can be overwhelming on its own.  i'm glad you are still talking with your T - i've found that just being able to chat with mine during those times helps keep me a bit more stabilized.  when you're ready, you can get back to the harder work on yourself.  best of everything as you navigate these waters.  love and hugs

Snowdrop

QuoteI feel like my therapy is on hold as I focus on navigating these life-changes. I'm still seeing therapist, but feel like I can't dive into my trauma because I need to be able to function and go to work the next day.

I can relate to this a lot. :grouphug:

Not Alone

For the most part I haven't been on OOTS for the last 2-3 months. That wasn't intentional, but the overwhelming stress of working full time and a new job, along with other family/life events has been consuming. I was glad to read a little bit today in some of my friends' posts. I have a lot of catching up to do, but need to be careful not to get overwhelmed. I missed my OOTS friends.

rainydiary

Hi Notalone, I am grateful for your update and am glad you are back. 

BeeKeeper

notalone, Very happy to see you here again. Energy needs rationing in times of new "anything."

Armee

Hi Not Alone. It would be such a difficult adjustment to start working fulltime..exhausting stressful and overwhelming. I'm glad you stopped in to say hi.

sanmagic7

notalone, glad yiou're back.  missed you, too.

i'm glad you stepped away for a bit in order to ration your energy.  a new full-time job can be overwhelming in itself.  keep taking care of you.  love and hugs :hug:

Not Alone

Snowdrop

I've missed you, NotAlone. You've been in my thoughts. :grouphug: