I have CPTSD from an abusive partner

Started by LearningToBreathe, January 02, 2021, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LearningToBreathe

I left my abuser almost 2 months ago and we have been no contact for 4 weeks. I was physically and emotionally abused by a person with narcissistic tendencies - he was never diagnosed. The relationship lasted 5 years, and looking back, I can see the abuse started within the first six months I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and CPTSD. Although the road to recovery and being able to trust again will be long, I am grateful for all the information this site as well as Out of the Fog has provided me.

marta1234

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Learning to Breathe  :heythere:  Glad  you found us and Out of the Fog.

N abuse is that traumatic it's still a wonder to me it hasn't received the attention it deserves by MH and medical professionals. I do think Trump's behaviour has done a lot to shine a light on NPD though. There's so much more on Twitter now by both professionals and survivors so hopefully we will see more concrete action in terms of treatment and services in the near future.  Another plus of the attention N abuse is beginning to get is that survivors have a lot more affirmation it isn't them that has a problem, it's the person in their lives who has NPD. That (hopefully) cuts down on the time it takes to figure that out and get going on recovery earlier. 

Anyway, welcome again and I hope you find being here helpful  :grouphug:

mojay

Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing with us :)
I'm so glad you're out of that relationship and on the road to recovery, I hope we can continue to be a source of information and be a source of validation for you  :grouphug:

Not Alone