Relational Trauma So This May Be Good For Me

Started by marti.325, January 28, 2021, 10:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marti.325

Hello to Fellow CPTSD survivors:
I've never been on a forum and I am frustrated right now with all I have to learn and the new stuff, like emojis above flittering around. I don't use those. I'm older... : /

I am not new to recovering from CPTSD, but it's only this year that I am coming to terms with relational trauma. I have few people in my life. I talk to people on the phone from different states through my recovery program, but no one in my immediate area I feel I can really talk to and depend on. I have an activity or two I do with other people, one live with precautions, and one on Zoom. But to really feel close and ask for help, like in my apartment kind of help, I have no one close-by.

I am hoping to have more company on this journey and maybe I need this format, though it's new, in order to feel safe. I don't know. Pete Walker suggested this site for me and even phone meetings may be too much for me right now.

I don't like sounding so non-functional. I function well in my apartment and with the groups I'm in. It just doesn't bring me any closer to anyone.

Thanks for listening.

Bella

Welcome, Marti325!  :cheer:
Good to have you here!
Hope this place will provide you with support on your journey, and fellow survivors to talk to. It's a relief really to talk to others in here, cause we all know what CPTSD is all about.
I struggle with relational trauma too. It's painful.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, marti!
I hope you feel safe and supported here.

This was my first forum and I'm still not very good with all that Internet and computer stuff, but I have grown to love some of the emojis!

Alter-eg0

Hi Marti325,

Welcome!

I hope this place helps you to find that safe place :)

Pioneer

Welcome Marti.325  :heythere: I have found this community to be a safe place for me. I hope you find encouragement here!

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS  :heythere:   No worries about the emoticons, I am 64 and didn't grow up with them but have come to enjoy them.  :yes:

marti.325

Thanks for the welcomes. :)  I really need that right now. I guess the emojis ARE fun. Something stern inside of me rejected them. Something from my parents' attitudes. Not pinpointing them right now. I'm still exploring here and hope to be able to find my way around soon.    :stars: