Starting EMDR during COVID?

Started by Dustbright, January 30, 2021, 08:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbright

Hi,

I'm starting to look into EMDR and (thanks to the link to the EMDR institute in another posts), am coming up with a list of therapists to contact. However, I already contacted several in my area from going through the directory on Psychology Today and received no response, except for one, who recommended a couple of other places because they're closed during COVID.

I imagine this would be the case for most practitioners and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I should proceed? Should I wait until offices are opened again before contacting EMDR therapists? My regular therapist seems to think I should start sooner rather than later.

(BTW, I'm in the Orange Country area and if anyone has someone to recommend, I'd really appreciate that.)

Barney

I'm currently doing EMDR over Zoom...

Kizzie

Maybe your regular T could help you locate someone?  If not you could look elsewhere for a T trained in EMDR who offers it virtually. 

CactusFlower

I would add to the vote for trying to find someone who can do it virtually while still looking locally. My therapist uses it and we do zoom sessions, it works fine. I wish you luck!
Sage