What's in a Name Part 2

Started by Kizzie, January 31, 2021, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Hi Bodhi!  :wave:

I really like your name, because I've studied ancient Buddhism myself. While I don't agree with everything, there is much wisdom to be found in it. Above all, I appreciate the peace and serenity it speaks of. :)

pluto

I chose the name pluto as pluto represents death, rebirth, and transformation. I also just love pluto <3

bluepalm

Hi everyone,

Palms have, since my childhood, when I felt I was living in an icy war zone, symbolised somewhere warm,  beautiful and unthreatening; somewhere I would feel comfortable, with the breeze caressing my skin gently under sunny skies. It was my childhood fantasy. I had never been to such a place in reality. 

My favourite drinking glass is blue with palms embossed on it.

As I was wondering what name to use for OOTS I spotted my favourite glass and thought the combination of palms, and all they mean to me, and the blue for the pervasive sadness of my life, was an appropriate image to use for this forum.

Papa Coco

What's in a name? My ten-year-old grandson named me Papa Coco when he was only 2 years old. He's ten now and for him and his little brother Papa Coco is my real name. I've been working through CPTSD for pretty much all my life. In the Fight-Flight-Freeze-Fawn model I'm a Fawn, meaning I'll put everyone else's needs ahead of my own. So every time I log in as Papa Coco, I'll remember that my grandsons needs are worth the effort it takes for me to keep fighting for my mental health. To them I'm a hero. So for them I fight for my sanity. They're worth the hard work it takes for me to stay above the relentless freezing and fawning of CPTSD.

pt_1112021

Hi everyone -- this is my very first post.  My name is my first & last initials plus today's date.  Not very creative at first glance, but meaningful to me for a couple of reasons: 1) finding and joining this forum is a big milestone for me so I wanted to remember the date :) and 2) I recently quietly celebrated (ie, alone) 10 years of "freedom" from domestic violence (9/1/2011) and realized that it's an important anniversary & I wished I could share it.  So, here I am, introducing myself on 11/1/2021.  I'm happy to be here.

dollyvee

I like that PT!

Mine is from an old Smashing Pumpkins song, Dolly Vita. I liked the lyrics "sweet as true love, cool as ice cream." But I think it's also a take on Fellini's La Dolce Vita or The Sweet Life and that's what we all want.

Fun thread

Not Alone

Quote from: pt_1112021 on November 01, 2021, 06:10:40 PM
Hi everyone -- this is my very first post.  My name is my first & last initials plus today's date.  Not very creative at first glance, but meaningful to me for a couple of reasons: 1) finding and joining this forum is a big milestone for me so I wanted to remember the date :) and 2) I recently quietly celebrated (ie, alone) 10 years of "freedom" from domestic violence (9/1/2011) and realized that it's an important anniversary & I wished I could share it.  So, here I am, introducing myself on 11/1/2021.  I'm happy to be here.

Your name is significant. Welcome.  :heythere:

Little rabbit

As a child, I loved rabbits, but was too terrified to tell anyone, or god forbid ask for one. Also, I did a mental health exercise of carrying around a small doll to represent my child self for 30 days. It was a little rabbit, with a zipper pouch in which I put a locket picture of myself in elementary school. I still take her to bed with me every night.  I'm very happy to say that I did get myself a pet rabbit and attained furry baby bliss as well!
So I thought this name would keep reminding me to take care of myself and to notice how cute I am. :P

a8

inspired by a computer game from my childhood called A5li5en58 (search bot protection, remove the fives) so a8 is short for that but also means alienate...

OwnSide

Just joined! After reading through the first thread for inspiration, I settled on a reference to a mantra I came up with recently: "I am on my own side". It reminds me to pause and figure out how I actually feel before making a decision. I'm also unlearning some self-criticism and being on my own side means practicing a compassionate inner monologue when I'm stressed.

seshprinny

I have a username that I use on all my social media accounts, but it's easily identifiable.

So we have seshprinny. Because I like to party (session), and every girl is a princess (prinny). It seemed like a cute username for anon posting until I realised I self medicating with partying 😬😂

FrozeFire

My trauma response was to freeze the fire in me.

Working on thawing that out, but that fire can burn hot, ow!

OwnSide

Welcome FrozeFire! That's relatable.

natureluvr

I chose the name natureluvr because I feel very much at home outside, with the fresh air, sunshine, (or clouds), trees, creeks, streams, birds, etc.  I love to hike, walk outside, bird, and sometimes (when I'm up to it) even painting outside.  I feel God's presence outside, and feel as though the elements of nature are very healing and therapeutic. 

Scrat

Hi Everyone :)

I choose Scrat because when I first felt that there is hope for healing I could only explain how I feel and how I am in this unforsaken world by saying that I am Scrat.
Scrat, who is always chasing after that nut without any chance that he can hold it for long, yet he never gives up, it is just unfathomable to him to give up chasing that nut.
What is nut? - asked the very first person I could trust and connect to. And I had not the slightest idea how to put it into words. But I knew I was holding that nut when I was trying to cry while telling about my abuse for the uptenth time, but the very first time in my life, there was this person, who moved... moved over to me, she took my hands and comforted me. I held that nut for the very first time in my life.
Later, another good person told me that it's so sad, you really are like Scrat in the world, you are having this huge effect on the world, while running around without anyone ever seeing you.
And when Scrat meets girl Scrat I am so envious and longing, because I am chasing after that one chance of having someone in my life who loves me, who I can look at with that utter love and adoration as Scrat does... momentarily forgetting about even that nut. :)
So I am Scrat. And one of my therapy goals is reconnecting with Scrat in me and being able to tell what is nut.

Also: Screenshots of Scrat make such great therapy tools when I am not able or afraid to tell how I feel. I just show the screenshot :) Emoscrations I call them :)

(@Kizzie, too, who complimented on my choice of forum names in the other thread :) Thanks Kizzie.)