Sage's Journal

Started by CactusFlower, February 02, 2021, 04:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I'm excited for you about your book!

sanmagic7

:yeahthat:  from one author to another, i'm wishing you all the best w/ this venture!  so cool!  love and hugs :hug:

CactusFlower

Y'all. Two positive things have moved me to tears in a good way. It feels so amazing to cry for a happy reason for a change. I thank that Higher Power.

1. I decided to use my TikTok for positive instead of time wasting. I've started following a few good CPTSD/trauma pros, it's okay so far. But I also follow YourKoreanDad and PopPopBruceJohnson.  Your Korean Dad is a sweet guy who posts wholesome, supportive statements as if he's the loving and kind parent you really need. So very cool.  Then I got PopPop on my For You Page... He is a wonderful, understanding, supportive grandparent. He asks you to hold on and have a cup of tea with PopPop and also says the supportive stuff as well as "I love you" and "I miss you".  I tell you, I was bawling by the second video. He reminded me so much of my grandpa. Therapy and programs tell us we need to be our own loving parent to heal, but how when we're not exactly sure how that looks?  Well, now I know how it looks. And it feels amazing. I haven't done a search, but I'm betting there are some female creators on there too that do this. I just love that PopPop says "grandbaby". It covers ALL genders.

2.  So, that kid's book we're writing? My BFF (with my agreement) submitted for critique-ing in next Sat's writing group. We thought it would be interesting to see what people who'd had kids thought. One person has responded (they have all week). Now, this guy is in his late 60's, maybe early 70's and just fit? Sweet, talented, kind dude, is also a semi-famous oil painter. I just downloaded and read his critique.

He just loves it. He says it needs to be published, especially now. He goes on to say he just wants to see a world where people are safe and happy expressing who they are, will use any pronoun someone chooses, and that adults need to read it too. Y'all, I didn't know I was gonna cry into my dinner. LOL!  Seriously. That just made my week. Especially cause my BFF took my name off, so the group thinks it's just him writing it. I wanted to be the "fly on the wall" for the critique. Having people be supportive and caring is...wow. (not just my trusted inner circle and peer support, if that makes sense) I'm gonna be over here smiling for a while.

Armee

That's really sweet, the tiktok grandpa.  :grouphug:

And wow that's amazing good news on your book!  :cheer: :cheer:

Blueberry

Quote from: Armee on April 10, 2023, 05:14:37 AM
And wow that's amazing good news on your book!  :cheer: :cheer:
:yeahthat:

Way to go, CF!

CactusFlower

thank you, armee, blueberry.  It's nice to ride a wave of good for a moment.

On another positive note, I made myself call etrade and take care of that account. So another week or so (business days) and I should be able to just transfer that all to my checking account. I wouldn't call it a lot, but it'll keep me going a while longer. Not I'm really just waiting for that stupid May 3rd appointment and hoping the hearing comes soon after. Gratitude to my Higher Power and the universe for the ability and resources to see this out. (and permanently crossed fingers)

rainydiary

I'm grateful you are finding resources and hope that things will continue to be in your favor.

sanmagic7

congrats on the book, CF. and my fingers are crossed right beside yours for all the other stuff!!  love and hugs :hug:

Armee

:cheer:

Hoorah for a financial cushion to help you get through the disability process.

CactusFlower

Thank you so much, rainy, san, and armee.

Super Positive news I can now share with you all! One small story in my life as a military dependent in another country (a positive story) will be published in an anthology!

"Hole In Our Hearts" will be available on Amazon in approximately late June or July. It's a compilation of prose and poetry (and some photos, I believe) by military members and/or their families, made possible by a grant and published by the Southwest Writers organization. I am comfortable sharing this with you as not only is it a pleasant memory, my real name is not my birth name that I had during that time. Just a caveat, I have NO IDEA what else has been submitted and accepted.

eeeeee so excited!

Armee

Papa Coco

Congratulations!

I am excited to grab a copy as soon as it goes on sale!

:fireworks:

Blueberry

Yay Sage  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Keep up the good work, because you know work does go into that getting done :)  Your work. :applause:

sanmagic7

:fireworks:  so very cool!!!  love when that stuff happens out of the blue.   :cheer:  love and hugs :hug:

CactusFlower

You all are so sweet, thank you!  If you choose not to buy it (which I totally understand with it being by military members and their family members), no big deal. The story will also be included in my memoir eventually.

The stock account is emptied and that is now with me to pay rent and bills. It definitely gives a huge feeling of relief. I'm not even tempted to spend it on the frivolous (but appreciated) things I have in the past.  I might get dinner, though. My bro was worried he wasn't going to pass this semester, and he did. I knew he could, but dinner is a good morale booster.

Trying some easy summer foods to eat better when it's not cooking weather as it will be soon. I discovered that my grocery store deli counter makes a very tasty chicken salad that includes pecans and cranberries. Good on 12-grain bread for lunches. I'm trying a salad recipe later tonight. I'll post a link if it turns out good. :)

I know I haven't read a lot in other journals here for a couple weeks. I apologize, but stress and a few other things have been very demotivational. Please remember that I care about you all and what's happening with you, even when I don't reply. This board has become a very important place for me. Gentle hugs to everyone and may your days pass as kindly and smoothly as possible.