Sage's Journal

Started by CactusFlower, February 02, 2021, 04:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

I went ahead and requested the walker after a little research on them. There's a service in town that takes used medical equipment, everything from crutches to beds, and restores/refurbishes them to give away to people who couldn't otherwise afford them. So I put in a request for a walker with seat. It stills feels weird, but I'm trying to tell myself that if it helps me, then there's nothing wrong with it. And if anyone else has an issue, I'm free to tell them go suck eggs. (but not that nicely, ha ha) So we'll see when they get back to me.  I did have to put my height and weight on the form, so that should help. Most of the ones I saw on amazon would work fine. The price range on amazon was crazy, though. everything from $60 to 600! Having that little basket/bag under the seat would help, too. I could stick a water bottle in there.

Bro's going to the store to pick up meds, but it's gotta be later today. Our street is apparently on a charity run route this morning, raising money for the Zoo.  The nice ladies who handed out brochure reminders yesterday said they had around 4000 runners signed up. I love how this town generally understands doing things for your community. Even if we're kinda stuck in here traffic-wise for half a day, ha ha.

Armee

I just am really so hopeful the walker will give you more energy. I love Narckiddos story of running through the airport and not getting a passing glance. You need and deserve some physical assistance even if the injury is not visible.

sanmagic7

NarcKiddo

I'm glad you've requested the walker. Let us know how you get on with it. I hope it turns out to be a great help.

CactusFlower

Thank you, armee, san, and narc. They have 30 days to process it, so it's good I'm not in a hurry. :)

On and off dissociating today. Had a memory/revelation about how Mom was treated late last night, so it was the first thing on my mind this morning. Ugh. Complicated and horrible. Tea and toast and teddybear kind of day.

Armee

:grouphug:

Squeeze that teddy bear.

rainydiary

I hope all the supports you have and are putting in place like the walker bring ease and comfort in the long run.  We need tools to help us and don't need to push ourselves to be without them. 

sanmagic7

i agree w/ both armee and rainy.  make it as easy on yourself as possible, is my motto.  i've been thru enough, don't need to add to that pile anymore.  love and hugs, CF  :hug:

CactusFlower

Thank you, armee, rainy, and san. hugs back. I'm just taking it easy. Bro will be making me a neat birthday cake next week, so I'll take a picture of it. My BFF is taking me to a dinner theater murder mystery tomorrow night. It sounds like lots of fun. I'll have my therapist to talk to about all this Monday, so I'm trying to just take it as it comes.  Processing is good, I tell myself. LOL

sanmagic7

happy birthday, CF!  the murder mystery theater sounds great!  enjoy!!! 

processing is good?, no matter how much it sucks sometimes!  lol!!!  love and hugs  :hug:

CactusFlower

The murder mystery dinner theater was awesome! It was at a hotel banquet room, so there were only 8 round tables max with 8 people at each table. BFF and I guessed the motivation and method, we were just off on the person we chose. It ended up being the woman sitting next to me! hahaha.  It was very campy, very silly and I laughed a lot.  Our table was mostly older people, so I didn't feel weird.  Someone else even had the kind of walker I am looking at, and hers was purple! I think that was a hint from the universe, lol. The food was good and the dessert was a very fudgy chocolate cake. I'm sure my therapist will be pleased. I was very very grateful we weren't sitting at the table with one woman who seemed *doused* in perfume, ugh. If you're in the USA, it's apparently a company that's in a lot of major cities, called Detective Dinners. They swap scripts often, so go to one and it's a different story at the next one. It can be a bit loud, especially if they're really dramatic funny actors. But they have warnings and everything on the websites. I can definitely recommend if you like the genre. It reminded me a lot of the home party murder mystery games you could get and host at home in the 90's and 00's. I do think I was a bit at ease because of the age of the people at my table. They were all very nice.  One was a retired teacher celebrating her 80th birthday! :)  I'm quite exhausted and worn out from the chairs and the social interactions, but it went well. I'm sure my therapist will be pleased, LOL. Definitely going to sleep late in the morning though.

sanmagic7

so glad you enjoyed your nite out, CF.  i've gone to those homestyle murder mysteries and thought they were a hoot!  i never guessed right, but had a good time anyway.

keep taking care of you, ok?  love and hugs :hug:

CactusFlower

Well.  I haven't written here this week. I also caught a cold for my birthday, lol. I hate being so congested. So I've just been taking meds, eating oranges, and resting. The cats certainly don't mind the extra naps. My cake was lovely and delicious. Bro got me a fountain pen and a gift card, which I used to get a few fun things on amazon, like a coloring book, some lovely rose-scented lotion, and a kit to grow sprouts. I like sprouts in a salad or on a sandwich, so that should be a way to get more healthy food in me. I also got a small collectible tin for my tea; it has Queen Elizabeth on it.  I also got some Yorkshire brand tea on a recommendation and WOW, yeah, it's soooooo much better than PG Tips. I'll definitely get that from now on.

I was able to process a little stuff about mom's passing and will probably talk further to my T about it. Nothing else has really come up while I've been sniffling and such, so I guess that's a good thing. I can feel my energy flagging again, so I'll write more tomorrow.

rainydiary

I'm sorry that you haven't felt well this week and hope the rest has been beneficial.  I enjoyed reading about your birthday and the ways you celebrated yourself.

Not Alone

I'm glad you had a fun time at the murder mystery dinner.

Sorry you weren't feeling well on your b-day. Nice that bro made you a cake and gave you gifts.  :grouphug: