Published!

Started by Jazzy, May 23, 2021, 11:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

It's difficult for me to share my successes; I have healing to do still. However, this is a really big one for me, so I thought if anything was worth being shared, it was this.

For the first time in over 10 years, I published something relating to my career. It wasn't a big thing at all, but it was infinitely bigger than nothing. A couple hundred people have already subscribed to it in the past 3 days, and so far the ratings are 4/5 stars. I'm really feeling good about this. I think it marks a major milestone in my healing journey.

Of course, it would be nice to have 5/5 stars, but I don't think it's realistic to expect everyone to consider my work perfect, especially for my first publication in so long. I also wasn't given any feedback about what was less than perfect, so I'm not sure how I could improve it. I was only hoping for maybe 10-20 people to subscribe, so a couple hundred in a few days is just... almost unbelievable. It's pleasantly surprising for sure! It's also very encouraging, and really motivated me to do more.

Blueberry

Hope67

Hi Jazzy,
Many Congratulations on having your work published, and to achieving such a great rating for your work.   :cheer:
Thank you for sharing your success with us, I know it was hard for you to do that. 
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Wow Jazzy that's awesome - good on you!  :cheer:   :thumbup:   :applause:  and of course a big  :hug:

woodsgnome

Way to go, Jazzy ...  :thumbup:  :applause:  :cheer: More important ... Way to Be, and show, the depth of Being you have ...  ;)

:hug:

Jazzy

Thank you everyone; you're all so great!  I really appreciate the positive feedback. :grouphug:

Armadillo

This is so super awesome! I'm glad we are all anonymous for many reasons but times like this I wish we weren't so I could read your publication and tell yo how awesome it is!

Instead I'll tell you how awesome you are for having the strength and courage to out yourself out there and recovering enough to have this huge accomplishment!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Not Alone

Congratulations!   :cheer:

laurels

Oh wow, a big congratulations! That is a big achievement. Both the publication and sharing about it here! Maybe the lack of critical feedback is a win? That can be hard to accept - and not surprisingly as it's often not entirely fair, either. I once read something along the lines of "Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't go to for advice in the first place" and I think that's a helpful motto for whenever people offer a troubling opinion. Fingers crossed you won't need to apply it! And that your audience keeps growing.

CactusFlower

Congrats, that's awesome! (also, 4/5 stars would still make me buy it on Amazon, lol)

Jazzy

Thank you so much Laurels and Sage:hug: