The Call of the Forest

Started by RiverRabbit, February 19, 2021, 11:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRabbit

Moving through the forest, immersed in its emerald embrace, I can feel its sinews reaching for me... its breath moving over me, whispering an ancient language... calling me to melt into its shadows.

This longing to stay... this craving to remain in this place where I feel valid... real... accepted... a place where I can release my grip on the facade... it is a longing, born of pain and shadows, which calls me to disappear into the green fold... to turn away from the hurt beyond these trees.

And it is almost possible... to turn my back on all...  to allow the overwhelming waves to crash into the edge of the wood, as these roots hold strong against charge after charge.  Nestled in its boughs, an inner sigh tells me there is no reason to leave.

PhoenixA

Thank you for sharing this.  It really speaks to me.

Kizzie

What you wrote is beautiful RiverRabbit and so evocative for me also.  It brought up memories and feelings about how I relax and breath when I am in nature.  I could almost smell that wonderful aroma of soil and moss and water, the lovely coolness of shadows, dappled sunlight on ferns ...

Thank you for this  :hug: