Pre-verbal EMDR

Started by Barney, March 14, 2021, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Getting ready to start pre-verbal EMDR...as I have no traumatic/triggering memories to desensitize with typical EMDR. Dissociative amnesia has blocked all feelings attached to my past. Therapist was asking for a 1-10 on the S.U.D.S. and I'm like...maybe a "1" if I really try... so, I'm wondering if anyone else has tried pre-verbal (felt sense) EMDR...and what are your feelings on it...

Kizzie

Haven't heard of this Barney but would be very interested to know more as you go along  :yes:   

Hope it goes well  :)

Armadillo

Any updates Barney? I'd love to know your experience!

Barney

UPDATE...so, we're doing a form (I guess) of attachment focused EMDR...installing safe attachments...installing safety...only 2 sessions so far...what I've noticed is (physically) I have a lessened state of "armoring"...my breathing has slowed down, and is smoother (I was at 22-24 breaths per minute very rapid and shallow) now I'm down to 12-13 breaths per minute...In feel a little calmer. That's all so far...

Kizzie

Tks for the update! Plse let us know how you're doing as you go along.

BeeKeeper

Barney,

Less armoring, slower breathing, feeling calmer. It's working! Congrats.

johnram

Might be a bit late to party, but i have done pre-verbal EMDR, its hard, but what i have learnt is that trauma from that time age, is very deep and needs slow and gentle over time

it sounds like you are doing great