Good article about trauma rooted anxiety

Started by Pioneer, March 16, 2021, 04:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

This is a helpful article for me about the difference between generalized anxiety and anxiety that is rooted in trauma. It was posted by Deep Blue (thank you!)
https://themighty.com/2018/06/anxiety-from-complex-trauma/?utm_source=engagement_bar&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=story_page.engagement_bar/

I appreciate the insight and it helped me process the anxiety and depression that I feel and affirms that they are rooted in trauma.

Not Alone

Thanks for sharing this. Several points stood out to me, including the following quote:

It is extremely difficult for the rational brain to be convinced "that won't happen," because it already knows that it has happened, and it was horrific.

Those living with generalized anxiety often live in fear of the future. Those with complex trauma fear the future because of the past.

I've been asked if I experience anxiety like others who have generalized anxiety disorder. I have anxiety and know it is different. This article helps me to understand more and hopefully, in the future, to explain better when asked the question.

Pioneer

I'm glad it was helpful, notalone. Those points really stood out to me too and helped me process how I experience anxiety. It felt really affirming.

The article also helped me feel more confident at my appointment with my new therapist today while I was explaining why I have anxiety and depression.

Digitality

Everyone has their reasons to be stressed or anxious, and only they know why. I read an article about depression and insecure people who don't believe in themselves, etc. That article said that all our problems come from our childhood. I'm also an insecure person, and I have a lot of stress at work and personal life. Last year, I bought a weed from medical mj IL dispensary just to try it because one of my friends said it could help me deal with my stress and anxiety. It really helped. Since then, I smoke weed at least twice a week to relax and forget about all my life problems.