Doing a little something for myself (hello)

Started by Blue Rose, March 22, 2021, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Rose

Hello OOTS people, I have CPTSD. I found that out just over 2 years ago, but I don't always remember it's the reason why I struggle with life sometimes. I read Pete Walker's book and it was my 'ah' moment. Along with my doctor, occupational health doctor & therapist. But I still forget that my symptoms are because of CPTSD which goes back to my childhood. It's really important for me to remember the cause of my symptoms  because it brings me relief - there's a reason why I think, feel and behave the way I do, it does all make sense, and maybe, just maybe, I can change it a little bit for some of the time, and just relax and be me (not sure I really know who that is but...). So thank you for being here and letting me learn/share with you all.

Blueberry

Jazzy

Welcome Blue Rose! It sounds like you're on the right track.  :applause:

When I have trouble remembering important things like this, I keep it written down (and as in the way as possible, so I keep seeing it) on my desk at home. I think that my mind tries to block these things out so it doesn't have to deal with the past. In the long run I found it better to heal than to ignore, so I keep writing notes.

I wish you success in your healing journey, and look forward to hearing more from you, as you're comfortable sharing. :)

woodsgnome

Blue Rose, congrats for stepping into a group where you can find and share feelings that it's hard to accomplish in other formats online, and/or in person.

Here's hoping you find this place a haven for picking up the pieces and crafting a better life for yourself. It's been said the first step is crucial, and you've done it.   :hug:

Blue Rose

Quote from: Jazzy on March 22, 2021, 11:19:28 PM
In the long run I found it better to heal than to ignore, so I keep writing notes.

Quote from: woodsgnome on March 23, 2021, 01:40:28 AM
hoping you find this place a haven for picking up the pieces and crafting a better life for yourself.

Thank you Blueberry, Jazzy, woodsgnome for lovely, hopeful messages.

CactusFlower

Welcome!

You've found a lovely bunch of understanding and supportive people here. I've only been around about a month, and I'm still in awe of how kind and cool it is here. :) Check out all the areas, they've provided so much for people. I've found using the journal area helpful, myself.
Peace
Sage

Bermuda

Hi Blue Rose, welcome.

I'm glad you found us. I've found this forum really helpful and supportive and I hope it is for you too. :)

Blue Rose

Thank you CactusFlower and Bermuda, so glad to hear you both have found this forum supportive, I am full of hope as I start to do some more healing.