Triggered by a Job Application

Started by CactusFlower, March 29, 2021, 03:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

Applying to various online jobs with all their stupid application systems. One wanted me to create and account and had "security questions" and  severely tweaked me off. Sure, I know and can remember my mom's maiden name, I've used that for years in security questions. But their other options were "Name of the 1st school you attended", "The 1st car you ever owned", "The city your first school was in", The street you lived on when you were 5 years old", "your 1st pet's name".....

I DON'T KNOW! I don't know any of that information! I've never owned a car, we were military and moved a LOT, I couldn't even tell you what state my first school was in. And who the heck remembers their street's name from 5 years old? I was just so torqued off. If they hadn't had  a couple other options, I wouldn't have finished the blanking application. >:(

Kizzie

Same CF - just make them up (but of course make sure you have them written down somewhere or memorize them).

Armadillo

I know this is old but I'm just seeing it and I'll just say it's great to be someplace like this where other people experience life in similar ways. I can't remember any of this type of stuff either or what I put later. I even freeze at the mothers maiden name question because i get confused and panic. Forget passwords left and right. Can't do the stupid captcha stuff (this site included).

So thanks for posting here about this. I feel less alone and weird.

Blueberry

Quote from: Armadillo on May 12, 2021, 02:17:39 PM
So thanks for posting here about this. I feel less alone and weird.

I feel the same way - less alone and weird - after your post, Armadillo. Thank you.